Chapter 10

Raya spent the next few days keeping busy, the house was mother henning her, she knew it was a sign that she was away for many days. Tea, biscuits and books popped up as she walked around.

Mor was supposed to arrive any minute. Apart from Azriel nobody ever came to see her, but she needed a female companion now more than ever.

She noticed Morrigan confused look by the border, she let out a chuckle before walking over to get her.

The female next to her was full of life and looking at her face taking in the cottage and the spring air surrounding them already warmed her heart.

The door opened and Morrigan took a deep breath " I can see why Azriel likes to spend time here"

Raya walked past her heading to the conservatory " He does not spend a lot of time here, only when he needs to"

They sat at the back of the house overlooking the mountains. Eating chocolate and enjoying the sunset.

"So.." Mor started " Azriel " Soraya lifted a brow and Mor was smiling. " He came to help in the mountains and you two spent a few days with the harpies."

Raya's face softened " Indeed, he showed up out of nowhere, the first time I have seen him in action, he is something"

An emotion run through Mor's face that the witch couldn't place " he came for you, you know"
Raya's face turned serious and she shifted in her seat. " His brother was there and I made a fuss about illaryans, also I did just save his life" she tapped her tattoo " don't forget about our bargain "

Mor burst out laughing " oh he despises those barbarians and Cassian can look after himself"

The open mouth with the offended look on Raya softened Morrigan's voice.

"Azriel has a good heart and he protects the people he loves, he would walk through fire instead of letting someone else get hurt."

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves Morrigan" Raya lifted her glass to her mouth, pulling her knees up.

A small chuckle left her "Tell yourself whatever you want, I have never seen Azriel refuse to write a report on a mission for Rhys and Ynys Môn remains as much of a mystery as it was for us before he set foot on that land"

Raya's mouth turned up, and she laughed " I bet Rhysand thinks I put a spell on him"

"Oh there is a spell on him alright"

Raya smacked her arm and shifted towards her, but a flush crept up her face. Morrigan face turned serious "Azriel carries more anger than a thousand armies could bear, he was hurt and betrayed, I believe he has already crossed the darkest of pits and back, but when he looks at you there is peace in his eyes" she bit her lips looking at her glass " I don't think I ever seen him truly at peace."

Raya's gaze lingered on the sorrow etched in Morrigan's eyes,but she cleared her throat and continued " You never told them about our conversation, the first night"

The witch rested her head on her fist leaning back onto the sofa "That was private, you shared things with me and I shared things with you. Not everyone needs to know about our delight in variety "

Raya reached out and gently placed her hand on Morrigan's, offering a comforting touch.

"After that night, I talked to Azriel. After hundreds of years of built up shame, I finally came clean." Mor cleared her throat again "Did you know before we met? I mean what did the Suriel show you about us? "