Sightseeing and Explanations (Chapter 3)

Scarlet flew back, crashing over some of her loyal skywing guards as she stopped her unexpected fling backward. "Did the scavenger just speak? " her mind raced in an angry and confused mess. She moved back to her original position, her right claw still throbbing slightly, from the unexpectedly painful strike that the abnormal scavenger delivered. "What in the three moons did this no-clawed scavenger just do?" Her rage calming slightly as she approached the body of the now-fallen scavenger. "Is it an animus enchanted" her thoughts trying to come up with an explanation for the earlier flash of light and force that knocked her back." either way" she smiled with a malicious grin. "It will be an interesting fight in the arena for sure!"

"Although," she said "I still need to punish it for daring to lay a claw on me," she thought her rage bubbling back up from the painful earlier strike on her claw.

"Come here!" Scarlet instructed the earlier skywing which handed her the scavenger. The skywing scrambled quickly toward Scarlet shaking slightly, most likely assuming he was about to receive a vicious penalty for letting the queen get injured.

"Take it and put it on the pillars with the rest of the dragons," Scarlet commanded, deciding as punishment to not put it with the rest of the kind she had in her possession back in the arena.

"Hope you don't fall," she chuckled cruelly, as the sky wings began to take off toward the arena with their new prisoners in tow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke slowly, once again feeling a rough stone floor through my shirt and now slightly torn hoodie. I let out a groan as I felt my entire body ache in soreness and pain. Sitting up I felt my dry lips and rumbling stomach. "It feels like I'm cutting weight again," I said shuddering, recalling when I had to lose a bit too much weight for a fight.

"Worth having that pizza though" I grinned before standing to my feet.

Now standing, I became confused when I saw a bucket that looked more like a barrel filled with water near the edge of what I presumed to be a drop-off. Quite thirsty, I walked over to the oversized bucket drinking a large gulp of water.

As I was taking my last sip of water from the bucket, I tried to search my memories about what had happened, not quite remembering yesterday's events before I heard a twang from behind me sounding like a steel wire being hit.

I spun around almost doing a spit take trying to not choke on the water I swallowed.

" WHAT IN THE!" I said in a panicked voice looking at the sight before me.

I was on one of the hundreds of pillars shooting up into the sky all surrounding an arena that the Roman Colosseum back on Earth that could not even come close to its sheer size alone. However, the giant arena below was not the most interesting sight. The most interesting sight was when I looked atop the pillars around the arena. Panning my gaze slowly around the pillars, I saw a mix of dragons some being seawings, and most others either being icewings or sandwings. All that were connected by a slightly thick steel-looking wire forming a giant net between all the dragons.

"Now that is a sight you just can't explain with words alone"

As I took in the magnificent but horrifying sight I realized I was standing on one such pillar. Moving quickly I took a few panicking steps away from the edge not risking some wind blowing me over the edge however unlikely that it would occur. Slowly stumbling backward I backed into something smooth yet bumpy at the same time.