13

"Oh my gosh! It's really Takashi Gray!" Ava squeals as the man, his wife Hailey, and Chelsea all talk. "Alright, team! Gather!" Everyone huddled over to Ash as she spoke. "I appreciate all of you coming here. We're not gonna give those guys a chance to win! But! If you guys embarrass me I'll make you eat Clara's sweets." Yuki turns to (N) confused. "What's wrong with Clara's pastries?" "You don't wanna know."
-
-
Myles, Yuna, Hannah, Hailey, and Clara sit on the bleachers cheering. The batter walks up to bat and grins at Ash. "Some team you've got. It's full of kids. You must be desperate to lose." Ash smirks and grips the ball. "We'll see about that. My team is very unique." She reels her arm back and throws the ball. (F/n) catches it and shivers from the harsh impact. "Woah!" Ava gasps standing near (N) on the field. "Your brother is the only person who can catch a ball like that."

"My hand!" (F/n) cries out as Yuki yells. "Don't be such a baby! It's fine if you break some bones! Just remember to catch the ball!" The male swallows his tears and screams. "You're a heartless woman!"
-
-
"We're in the lead. Ha! It's a damn good start!" Ash grins as (F/n) grips his bat. The teen stares at the pitcher and softly hits the ball. He panics as the ball flies above him and he tries to run to first base but the ball is caught. "First up to bat and you go and ruin it." Yuki shrugs while crossing her arms. "That guy was a high school all-star! You try hitting his pitch!" Yuki smirks and snatches the bat from (F/n). "Watch."

She swings the bat and the ball goes flying through the air. Ash chuckles as (F/n) gawks. "She's got one hell of an arm!" Yuki runs to first base and poses. (F/n) turns to Ash with a pleading face. "Let me go again! Please!" 'That's not how it works.' (N) sweat drops as Sapphire takes the bat. "Strike one!" The umpire calls out and (N) yells. "Sapp! Don't swing until the ball is here!" Sapphire nods and ready her bat.

The ball flies out of the field and pats the fence. Ash cheers and prances around the field. "You like that assholes?! Home run! Wooo!" Sapphire looks at the bat sadly. "I didn't mean to hit it that hard." (N) points to the field and yells. "It's fine! Quick! Run around the bases!"
-
-
A man grips his bat as Ash reels her hand back. She throws the ball and the man swings but the bat flies out of his hand. The players gasped as Ash fell to the ground holding her leg. After helping Ash up the coach from the other team runs over. "You can't play anymore. You can have one of our guys." Ash holds her hand up with a serious face. "No. I've already decided. The pitcher will be...Myles!" Everyone turns to the black male as he blinks. "Me?"
-
-
"You must have a lot of faith in Myles." Ash glances at Yuna and then adjusts her head on Clara's lap. "Not really. The other team was bound to get hit in even if we had an experienced pitcher." Clara cups her mouth and yells. "You can do it Myles!" The black male stands nervously with the ball in his hand. "It'll be okay Myles! Even if they get a hit we'll cover you!" Myles nods at (N) and faces the batter. "Here goes." He throws the ball and the batter sends it flying.

It lands on the ground and Sapphire picks it up. "Sapp!" (N) yells and she throws the ball to him. The dirt flies from the force of the ball and the umpire yells. "Out!"
-
-
(N) strikes out and Rose takes the bat. "Don't worry best friend. I dedicate this hit to you!" She hits the ball and runs to first base. (F/n) stretches with a grin. "Watch how a pro does it." "Sure." (N) replies sarcastically as his friend fails to reach the base on time. (F/n) collapses in front of the bleachers as the girls berate him. "Rose runs to second base and you can't even get to first base!" "You suck (F/n)." "My brother is so lame."
-
-
"How're all the girls hitting these fast pitches?" (F/n) whines while leaning against (N). The (h/c) haired teen shrugs him off. "You just suck." "Hey! You also struck out!" "Let's go, team! No outs and runners on first and third! Who's next?!" Ash's grin drops as Myles fiddles with the bat. "Oh. I forgot I put you in. Uh just do a squeeze play." "A what play?" "Nevermind just swing the bat!"

Myles immediately gets out and pouts. "I'm sorry Aunt Ash." "It's fine. We've got Sappy to cover for you." Sapphire stands up from the bench. "Don't call me Sappy." "Sapp! Hit another home run!" The blue-haired girl looks at Yuna. "I don't wanna lose the ball like last time." Sapphire hits a bunt and the ball is immediately caught. "Oh. I guess I should just hit harder."
-
-
"You can do it (N)!" Ava cheers as (N) takes the bat. 'I still don't understand why I'm batting?' The teen bunts the ball and jogs to first base. He slows down as the catcher holds out the ball and tags him. "What a shame (N). Just who are you?" (N) turns to (F/n). "It's better than doing a double play like you." "Bullshit! A real man swings with everything he's got!"
-
-
Chelsea runs and catches the ball. Ash sits up on the bench and cheers. "Amazing! Go Cee Cee!" Chelsea blushes and glares at the woman. "Don't call me that!"
-
-
In the bleachers, Ava watches as Takashi stands up. "I believe in you!" "Right." The ex-singer takes the bat and freezes with a serious expression. "Strike!" The umpire yells. 'Come on Takashi. Hit a good one. For the little girl!' "Strike!" The pitcher throws the ball again Takashi grips his bat. "Watch! This is a gift from me to you!" The ball flies in the air as the man opens his arms slowly walking to the bleachers.

"Forgive me. This is the only gift I can give you children. A memory of our time together. I have no money or possessions to pass on. But-" Takashi gets tagged by the ball. "You're out!" He sits in the bleachers looking depressed as his wife rubs his back.
-
-
Myles takes the bat and looks at the pitcher. "It's okay if you strike out! Just swing with no regrets!" Myles glances at (N) and tightens his hold. "Swing with no regrets." He hits the ball and runs to first base. "I did it!" Ash claps loudly and yells. "Alright Myles!" Takashi stands up with his eyes covered by his bangs. "Forgive me for failing you. I will triumph in the end." He swings the bat and runs to first base.

Ash sits up grinning. "Damn! He did it!" "Timeout!" Everyone watches as Takashi walks to the middle of the field. "Children. This is the only gift I can give you. A memory of our time together. I have no money or possessions to pass on. But even so, these precious memories will live on forever in our hearts." He poses and the pitcher looks at him. "Umm. Are you done?" "Yes. Thank you."

Ava takes the bat and smiles. "Thank you, Takashi! Your words touched my heart!" The ball flies as she runs to first base. (N) stands up with a sigh about to leave the bleachers when Ash calls out to him. "Kid. We've got two outs and loaded bases. No squeeze play can save you this time." "But my shoulder." Everyone smiles at the teen. "You can do it (N)!" "We believe in you." "You're the only one who can bring Myles home." "Give this town a win kid!"

As the sun sets (N) stares down the pitcher. He looks at Myles and tightens his grip. 'Only I can bring him home.'
-
-
Everyone sits at the table in the Asumi house. "We did it!" "I had so much fun!" Clara, Hailey, and Chelsea bring out trays of food. (F/n) leans over to (N) and whispers. "That's Myles's aunt, right? Is she single?" "What? Oh yea. You should totally go for it." Ash holds up her glass and grins. "Everyone together now! Here's to the Asumi bakery win!" "Cheers!"