31~Why do you hate me?

The court trial began shortly after everyone settled down.

In the accompany of a few policemen, both Hajiya and Musa we're walked into the courtroom making everyone turn their heads in their direction.

And the moment she walked past them, Hanan felt her blood boiling, her rage of anger growing, and the strong urge to leave her seat to question herself intensified but she couldn't, all she could do was vent her anger on her dress, she squeezed her dress suppressing her anger when she felt a light tap on her hand.

Grandma who sat beside her observed her gestures and with a faint smile, she tapped her hand and slowly Hanan released her hand and smiled back at her.

"Everything will be fine." She says to her.

"Insha Allah," Hanan replied with a nervous smile.

"Hajiya must pay, she shouldn't even be granted an Appeal." Nanny Ann added.

"Yes." Hanan agreed.

***

"The court is now in session, our honorable Judge Mary Okafor is presiding." The court clerk announced and immediately the Judge permitted Barrister Auwal to present his case which he did with both Hajiya and Musa being called to plead guilty or not.

"On the 2nd of June, Hajiya and Musa are being charged with an attempted murder case on Miss Habiba Aliyu and a murder case on late Miss Zaitun, guilty or not guilty?" The judge asked.

Musa was asked first and he pleaded guilty without hesitation, he also further expressed his regrets for his actions, then Hajiya was called next, and the same question was directed to her which took her a few minutes to reply, she remained silent, her silence also lead the atmosphere into silence.

A minute passed and the Judge had to repeat her question before she finally replied, she raised her gaze from the ground to the Judge and then to Hanan.

With a sly smirk, she smiled and pleaded guilty.

"Guilty your honor, I killed Zaitun, I burnt her to ashes and I tried to kill her too." She chuckled and shot her finger at Hanan, her smile never left her face while she pointed at her, Hanan couldn't keep her emotions intact anymore when she abruptly stood up, exhaling fast she yelled.

"Why?! Why you witch?!" She screamed causing everyone to stare at her.

"Why did you kill the innocent baby growing in me? What harm has my child done to you? What have I done to you? Why do you hate me so much?! Tell me!" She kept yelling so loud that the Judge had to call to order.

"Hanan!" Nanny Ann whispered while pulling her to sit. "It's okay, relax, she will be punished." She says as she wipes her trickling tears, Grandma rubs her back.

"It's okay, Habiba, if you cry this way you will make me sad," Grandma says while taking her hands lightly, she pats them.

"I had no business with your child," Hajiya grinned. "It's Zaitun that is to be blamed for your loss. It's you I had issues with, it's you I wanted dead, and I have no regret for my actions I'm happy to see that you are in pain." Hajiya muttered smiling viciously at her, she turned to stare at Najib and Grandma.

"Your honor and the members of the courtroom I plead guilty!" She laughed causing everyone seated to stare at her in amusement.

Never have they seen someone with such guts as hers, owning up to her crime, the reporters we're sure to make a lot of story headlines for today's case.

"Do you know that by pleading guilty you lose the chance to a jury trial?" The Judge asked her and she smiled.

"Yes, your honor!"