36~Love me

Half an hour journey elapsed once Abdul found a vacant spot, he parked his car and stepped out expecting Hanan to do so too but she remained seated lost in her thoughts.

"Aren't you getting out?" He asks as he opens her door, but there is no reply from her until he snaps his fingers did she acknowledges that they have arrived.

"Where are you lost at? we are here." He says and she stares around to see that they are at the Sheraton hotel.

"Okay." She heaved a sigh while checking herself in the mirror before stepping out.

"You seem disturbed, if it's about your look then I can assure you that you look perfect, I was just pulling your legs earlier," Abdul says trying to make her feel better as he observes her anxious look.

"I know you were pulling my legs, duh!" She bluffed and sighed.

"I just suddenly have a bad feeling... Like something unnecessary is gonna happen."

"Please...!" Abdul snapped looking irritated.

"Be positive, this is just a cocktail party, nothing of the sort will happen, we are just gonna have fun and return home."

"Okay, let's do that." She smiled.

"Give me your hand." He smiles back and she takes his hand.

They walked to the premises of a hall where their invite was checked and their items were properly scanned before they were allowed in, and the moment she entered, the first person she laid her eyes on was the same person she needed to avoid for her night to go smoothly as she planned.

She scans him from head to toe.

He was neatly dressed in a white and black tuxedo, well ironed that she could see every inch shining from where she stood.

A black bow tie hung at his collar adding elegance to his outfit, and his hair was stylishly permed and tied into a low bun dropping just at the back of his neck which made her gawk in amazement.

"How can he be so beautiful?"

Unconsciously, she continued to stare at him, he was in the midst of some men who were also dressed as sophisticated as him but he outshined them all.

Was it his dignified height, his broad shoulders, or maybe his muscles so well defined that it could be seen threatening to bulge out from his blazer or it must be his smile, which was his perfect accessory at the moment?

The more she stared, the more she got consumed by him, he must have hypnotized her as she couldn't take her eyes off him, his face was just like a beautiful sculptured piece of art.

She continued to shamelessly stare till he flashed his teeth at her and in that moment her heart leaped, he was already approaching her and she didn't even observe until Abdul yelled.

"Najib!" Abdul waves at him and he waves back and just then she snaps back to reality.

"Oh f*ck!" She whispered sharply and in a hurry she flinched Abdul's hand away.

"Thank Goodness." She mutters as she sees Amina, she yells her name and hurries off to her which makes both of them chuckle.

"She is avoiding you." Abdul smiled.

"She must still be embarrassed." He chuckled.

"Why would she be embarrassed? What happened?" Abdul asks him curiously.

"Forget that and tell me, how did you convince her to come out, I was dead worried she wouldn't come...

"Trust me, she has no choice once she gets the invite."