Lost with no Trace

Lost with no Trace

Through the process of eliminating their partner, Enzo's huge properties, his lands, money and whatnot became a prominent question. And because the heir to all that wealth was also missing along with the intruders and the killers, the investigators and the lawyer of Enzo's case had no option other than to contact Logan Grey again.

Technically, all that property should have been handed over to the remaining family of Enzo or Snow accordingly but unfortunately, there was no one that came forward for the succession....... or maybe there wasn't anyone since Enzo Parker was alone in this world and so was Snow.

Meanwhile, the search for the lost boy was also went futile, there was no sign of Mago Parker around at all. A small child who was the victim of someone's inhumanity had vanished after his parent's brutal murder. Some said he died along with them and some said the tiny boy was kidnapped.

Both the possibilities were enough to charge another team for the search of the boy but it was all just for nothing.

No positive results emerged whatsoever.

Time was flying by, people affected and other by-watchers were all slowly settling into their previous lives, and the news of the 'death of Parkers' fainted gradually. The only chaotic mess left was the company of Enzo and his friends, there was still so much to sort out and it was all taking forever to come to an end.

Upon all that was Chris, the man was heavily interested in the matters regarding Enzo Parker's after-death matters. While pressurizing Mr Grey for compensation for his so-called sacrifice, he had managed to get a hold of some crucial information about Enzo that also included the disposal of his grand wealth.

It sparked an interest of some sort in him that soon turned into a full-fledged greed for power and money. The man had increased his demand in each encounter and pestered Mr Grey for money.

"he was dancing on my head for money while I was suffering from the loss of my friend, our company's reputation and the loss of that small little child. That man was a complete bastard and If I had known about him in this detail before Enzo's death, I would have certainly taken advantage of his Mafia connections and taken care of that leech of a man" Logan continued as an unnoticeable anger raised in his tone. He was upset and angry, those emotions made him kind of cranky.

"or you could have given him the amount he claimed and gotten rid of him?" this time it was Charlton who questioned the man. Mr. Grey shifted in his seat and lifted his gaze from king to his right-hand man, then shook his head silently.

"I couldn't do that. Enzo was like a brother to me, he was so important to us and so was his son. That money, from which Chris claimed, belonged to Enzo and after him to his son. I couldn't just fish out a bunch and hand it over...." Logan explained with bitterness oozing in his voice.

".... besides, Wren wasn't asking for mere hundreds or thousands as compensation. That bastard was claiming millions for his useless stealing arm. It was so ridiculous and I had a really hard time managing that but I wasn't going to give him a penny, not from Enzo's money and not from mine." As he said that, Mr Grey felt proud of taking that decision a long time back.

Wren Christopher was a bastard and still is a one

Mr Grey had formed a grudge for Chris by then, he was sure of Wren's defective personality and had the man measured completely under his personal radar. That was the reason he restricted any further visits and meetups with the other, he also banished Wren from his office and ordered the guards to throw him out if seen again.