Tea and Chess

The time ticked away, it was already more than twenty-four hours that the queen of the empire was gone in the hands of the enemies and there was nothing done in the name of the attempt of rescue. The word was spread around like wildfire which turned out to be call upon calls sending condolence and consolation regarding the incident making a record in the life of the crime lord

King was, of course, aware of the sincere and insincere messages he received from his acquaintances, allies and others. The crime lord was smart and knew his way better to differentiate the actual concerns from the fake ones. He answered all of them the same though, feigning worry and discomfort but remaining alert, knowing well how these power games worked in the world of Mafia and how other people were always ready to pounce given the chance.

That's how their world worked.

It was painstakingly long and torturing but King dealt through the unnecessary calls of concern regarding the matter, which he believed would rest in the history of his family forever to remember, with gritted teeth and made sure to cut certain people off from his empire who came forward with their true colours.

Alongside all this chaos, the talks, the abduction, the plan and the monitoring was another fact that had caught the attention of the crime lord which was irksome and somewhat amusing for King.

The disappearance of little Mago and his right-hand man Lucca surprisingly had the most effect over Jayce Ashford, the man started to support a new language of silence regardless of wherever he was or whatever he was doing. It wasn't surprising in the least, given the lovable, adorable personality Mago had, but then again the portrayal of the unusual behaviour of Jayce had King thinking deeply.

Jayce's silent behaviour had also caught the attention of his very loving husband Mr Xavier as well.

The former lord found his husband losing his sleep and lost most of the time since the kidnap of the queen. He, being aware of Jayce's growing fondness and care towards the boy and perhaps the unborn child, decided to address the matter with the other to provide him some comfort and support.

And so, he found Jayce at the patio, in the evening, where the latter walked slowly from one end to the other with the backdrop of light rain thrumming against the floor. The man seemed so lost in occupying thoughts that he didn't even turn to look in Mr Xavier's direction when the older stepped onto the patio as well.

The former lord chuckled as he shook his head before he slowly made his way to his overly-thinking husband.

Jayce flinched with a gasp when Mr Xavier placed a warm hand over his shoulder, he turned around and sighed seeing a charmingly smiling old man..... a man king would resemble perfectly when he was the age of his father.

"What is wrong my love? Why are you here and not at your shopping adventure you were so excited about earlier?" Mr Xavier asked politely, he caressed his long fingers against Jayce's face gently and the latter leaned into the touch.

"I am no more excited about it Rowan. It was all because I wanted to make Mago's favourite food and dessert cups he usually eats for dinner. He was so enthusiastic about this new invention of mixing three unique flavours and then turning them into muffins for our chess and tea time.....but....." Jayce almost babbled out with a frown on his beautiful face but then he stopped when Mr Xavier chuckled darkly at him as his features hardened. The older man had a smile on his face but he didn't seem amused at all by what he heard as he bore his gaze at his husband.

Jayce gulped nervously.

"you talk like he is dead or something, darling......" Mr Xavier laughed a little but it came out as a scoff-filled mock which made Jayce avert his eyes down. "......it's not like he isn't coming back now, is it? You can still go for the plan and hope for the best?" the older asked with a smile that Jayce knew was in no way friendly.