seven

"i'm here to tell ya, honeythat i'm bad to the bone

that i'm bad to the bone."
- Bad to the Bone, 2Wei ft. Bri Bryant

"Just do exactly what I say." Frank orders, gripping my arms as he ushers me out of the bathroom and down the hall.

"Frank.." I weakly protest.

I admire his willingness and ability to take charge of this situation, but he's going in blind.

"It's okay. Stay with me." he whispers, and we make our way into the crowd.

My senses are back on high alert, grasping every sound and smell, trying to assess the playing field. I spot man after man, scattered throughout the dance floor.

They're everywhere.

Frank's grip on me is tight as we squeeze between innocent patrons. He'll be safe as long as he's not seen with me, but how do I get him to let go?

On an ironic cue, Frank's grip suddenly loosens.

"Go." he whispers in my ear before he disappears into the crowd.

I watch him leave for a brief moment, perplexed by his sudden change of action. But whatever his reasoning, it's time for me to go.

I start to slip between all the people, but my ears reach overload as I move past the speakers. The loud music hinders my senses and suddenly a man grips onto my jacket and yanks me back.
I look into the face of the man and before either of us react further, Frank reappears and grabs him.

"Go, now!" he grunts, pulling the man off of me.

But I don't go. I stumble back and watch fearfully as Frank fights with my would-be attacker.

The man punches him in the face and Frank grabs him by the throat, forcefully marching him across the floor. The crowd starts to part, making way for what they think is just a bar fight.
The man struggles free of Frank's hold and fights back, both of them landing hard hits on one another.

They'll kill him..

Don't be what they made you.

I can temporarily cross the line..

Don't be what they made you.

But what if I have to be?

Another man draws a large knife and rushes for Frank, arm raised.

I jump in between them, grabbing the man's wrist before he can plunge his knife into Frank's back, and I drag him back, shoving him away.
I throw a quick glance over my shoulder at Frank and he's watching me, holding his man in a headlock. Until another man grabs him from behind.
I try to go to him, but I'm grabbed from behind as well. A man scoops me up, in an attempt to keep my feet off the ground and away from himself, but he struggles under my weight.
My shoes connect with a table and I kick off of it hard, sending us both to the ground.