3.3. Champagne and Death

Y/N lay on his bed, tossing a bottle of water up into the air before catching it deftly in one hand. Up... down. Up... down. Up... down. His other hand held a sheaf of papers, eyes scanning the words and diagrams drawn on it.

Prince's exercise plan was... definitely something. It gave him plenty of free time, and highlighted every single exercise in detail, how to do them properly, and why they were useful specifically for Y/N's body. The majority of them were for the legs, but he noticed a few shoulder and back workouts mixed in.

A ding from the desk in his room alerted him. Slowly, Y/N put down the papers, catching the water bottle again and making his way over to the tablet. The notification glowed brightly on the screen.

EGO JINPACHI JFU
The first Neo Egoist League match takes
place in five days. Bastard Munchen,
against FC Barcha. You're required to
attend this game, as well as all other
games taking place.

Also, you can access the Bluelock
player database on your tablet. It
shows the statistics and abilities of
each player, including you.

Y/N just liked the message in response, humming under his breath. "Bastard is Noel Noa's team... and it has Kaiser in it, right? Then the other team is Lavinho's..."

He wasn't sure what to think of the Master Strikers. They were likely more capable than him - and as hard as that thought was to swallow, he wasn't delusional. But Kaiser... Kaiser was definitely his level. Or lower.

Y/N had been waiting for a chance like this his whole life. To be able to play for himself, without his past dragging him down. To challenge himself against the best players in the entire world.

Flicking through his tablet, he quickly found the player profiles. Everyone he knew had pretty high scores, with Isagi being at B rank with 76 points and Kunigami at A rank with 89 points. Kaiser was at S rank, with a total score of 97 points. That's crazy... how is he that close to 100? Is 100 a perfect player?

Kaiser's individual stats were pretty good too.
Speed - 91
Offence - 96
Shoot - 98
Dribble - 86
Pass - 79
Defence - 74

But as soon as Y/N clicked on his own profile, his face brightened a little. He was ranked above Kaiser, at a total score of 99. Immediately, he began looking through his own profile.

Speed - 100
Offence - 99
Shoot - 97
Dribble - 99
Pass - 75
Defence - 78

There was a little note at the bottom as well, that Y/N's eyes were instinctively drawn to. He read it out, speaking quietly under his breath. "In order to raise stats and become more effective, each of the Master Strikers have personally recommended things to improve."

"Obviously Prince wants me to improve my body... Lavinho wants me to be more creative with my plays... Loki wants me to be more flexible and thoughtful against opponents... Noa wants me to take rational approaches... and Snuffy hasn't got anything for me."

Y/N shrugged. "Pretty much the exact same things they said in that meeting..."

Guess I'll follow this routine to start off. Leaning his arms on the back of his chair, Y/N smiled to himself. Five days, then I won't just show myself off to Japan. I'll make sure the entire world knows who I am.

🥕🥕🥕

"Dearest clients, it is an honour to have you here. I just want to say that first."

A shady private room, in one of Tokyo's most prestigious restaurants, had been rented out. While the restaurant had many different people dining there, most of them ate out in the main room. Smaller rooms like these were reserved for the rich of the rich - or those that wanted to talk secrets.