🩰🌷🍥 ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʀᴅᴏᴍ :20 🍥🌷🩰

As the afternoon sun dipped low over the bustling streets of Beijing, the energy on Tsinghua University's campus was energized with youthful vitality

Your freshman year was the most exciting year you had at Tsinghua; it was a whirlwind of activities and emotions. You found yourself utterly drawn to join the talented softball team at the university, a commitment that required both time and dedication.

Balancing your studies with the demanding practice schedule was very challenging. The days were very long, starting with your early morning classes and ending with evening soft ball practices, but it allowed you to build close bonds with your new teammates.

"Hey, Yuqi, catch!" called out Ling, our energetic team captain, during one of your grueling practice sessions. You jumped to catch the ball, your heart racing with the thrill of the game. You just love the sport, and it kept you occupied, especially when Mingling was with her new boyfriend.

"Nice catch!" Lings' eyes sparkled as she gave you a thumbs up and grinned,"You're just getting better every day. Yuqi. Keep it up. We might need a new captain soon. You're improving rapidly. That last catch was incredible." She sat next to you on the bench.

"Thanks, Ling. It's so exhausting, but I wouldn't trade this for anything," You said it breathless, feeling a surge of pride in your accomplishments.

"Neither would I trade it. Remember, the friendships we build this year are just as important as any grade in science." Ling smirked as you nodded. She knows how dedicated you are to your studies.

The camaraderie of the team and the shared victories made every moment so worthwhile.

During this time, your close friend Mingling was dating her first boyfriend, an acting senior student. You supported her wholeheartedly, although your own romantic life was non-existent. Despite many guys asking you out on a daily basis, You politely rejected them all.

"Mingling, how's your new boyfriend, Tao, the budding actor?" You teased her, nudging her as you walked her to your next class.

Mingling cheeks flushed with crimson, "Oh, you know, he's very sweet, caring, and cute. I like him a lot. Even my parents have a liking for him. My mom has known his mom since childhood. It's my first relationship, and so everything feels...new."

"I'm so happy for you, my friend. You are glowing." You said it sincerely. "Just so you know. Remember, if he ever treats you wrong, the entire softball team and I will have a word with him. I'll strangle him with his own tongue."

She burst out in laughter and nudged your shoulder laughingly. "You and that team of yours are so scary. But thank you for having my back. I do appreciate you so much," she gave you a side hug.

Valentine's Day was a flurry of gifts and confessions, yet none of it stirred your heart. This day was filled with a cascade of gifts and attention.

The apartment lounge was filled with chocolates, cute candy boxes, balloons, bunches of flowers, and an array of cards.