The Bonds Made of Light #1

AN: Decided to just bring this and tries to continue it, even if it's not my main focus.

Plus, MANTIS is a Honkai/Guardian Tales fic now, so I don't have to worry about forgetting the lores and whatnot.

__________

Category: Ultraman Nexus x Honkai Impact 3rd

Deunamist! Male Reader.

Parts of elements from Nasuverse shall be included.

Alternate Universe.

__________

The boy blinked as tears started to flow once more from his eyes as he continued to run through the rubbles of the destruction that had teared him away from his own family.

He still remember the pleasant touch of a sibling, of his friends and... his mother.

Yet, now they're no more.... Their now buried under the unholy black flames that ravages these land.

He dragged himself through the hellish landscape, running past the burning villagers as they yearned for him to help them.

Keep running, don't look back, just keep running. He reminded himself

The smell of death and suffering permeated everywhere around him

No matter where he looked, it's the same thing as people were screaming and or begging at him or their worshipped deities to help them

He never looked back as he continued to run, for he knew that should he ever gaze to whatever it is behind him. He would be petrified by fear and his fate will be sealed

He did his best to block out the sounds. The wailings. The whimperings. The laughing. The rippings.

He clasped his hands to his ears as the screams and howls of pain began to increasingly loud as something... or rather someThing has ensnared them within their grasp, silencing their whimpers. Forever

It was approaching, the child mused, the thing was approaching.

He tried to deftly move around the obstacles made from the remainings of carriages and houses's walls, finally hopeful that he was close to reach a safer place.

Away from the tragedy behind him, from the screams of people dying around him as he tried to not fall to the heat of the ruthless fire.

Yet this.. this wasn't a tale meant to end happily

His chest was hurting as were his legs, too much strained by the unexpected need to escape from the danger created by the flames that were even now hungrily burning through the village without control, without restraint and.. without mercy.

He just kept on running... and running until he could move no more and collapsed onto the black mudded soil of this once beautiful village.

His vision began to darken and his breathing slowed to ragged.

'N-no'

He was done, the boy considered somberly. The flames weren't going to relinquish the chase and they were incredibly close to where he was.

It was his end that he was going to witness, to feel, and soon he turned around.

Dying embers moved to the sky where the most terrifying thing cruelly slammed onto his soul.

The round circle of darkness, the origin of this unnatural flame.

It called out to him, demanding him to concede his life for.. something. Something he couldn't know about.