Eight

"So, Violet, what subjects do you take?"

"Psychology, English Literature and..well.."

"What?"

"Don't laugh, okay?"

"I won't, I promise."

"Drama. I want to be an actress."

"Really? I thought you would go through the Psychology path. You would make a really good psychologist."

"Well, theatre is my passion. Nothing beats the feeling of being on stage. I get to be someone else, feel them, speak for them, it's so beautiful. Actors are really underrated. They can convince you very easily and even improvise lies without being suspicious at all."

"I never thought of it that way"

Without realising it, they had already arrived at Violet's house.

"Come in", she said

The house was beautiful, simply decorated, but beautiful. There was a big frame with pictures, most of them of Lilly, but one of them was with a small girl and a beautiful woman. Pip couldn't help but stare and wonder who that is.

"That's my mom. That's pretty much all I have from her. I miss her so much."

"Mommy! You're back!"

"Hello, little one! Were you a good girl or did you torture aunt Cara?"

"It seems that aunt Cara tortured her," Cara said, laughing. "Vi, can I talk to you?"

"Sure, what is it?" she replied and Pip got Lilly and went to play

"Have you heard of those daddy daughter dinners?"

"Shit." Violet said and she started overthinking it. It was her fault. Her daughter would be left out because of her. 

Cara probably noticed that her eyes froze. She wanted to tell  her she was sorry but that would only make her feel worse. She knew how the thoughts worked. She knew Violet. All she needed was some comfort, that Cara was willing to give it. After all, Violet had saved her from drowning in her own thoughts.

"We'll figure it out, don't worry."

"You're right. I'll talk to the principal tomorrow."

If only she knew that that meeting would change a lot.