23

Elena had a seat on the empty couch patting the seat next to her. Valentina went and sat next to her happy she was finally about to get the story. "Where do you want me to start?"

"When you guys first met." Valentina wanted the entire story she wanted to know what happened and what had led to it.

"Ok, so Alyssa and I hadn't ever met until your aunt introduced us. Your father and your stepfather knew each other. They each had two kids at the time. Your uncle and aunt had just gotten married. So everyone was together but we avoided each other. The two families stayed apart their marriage was a peace treaty, and the two sides would stay civil. So i was pregnant at their wedding with Adriano. Damien grabbed me and your dad and Alessia grabbed Marco and your mom. It was your aunt's idea." Elena still hated that they had even met Alyssa because of Alessia. She hated her for ever considering the idea. 

"I'm sorry that i thought it would be good for you guys to know each other." Alessia had thought it was a good idea for them to know each other since they worked together and since they were connected now because she had married Damien. 

"Anyways she introduced us Alyssa was somewhat cool. But she gave off a bad vibe and I'm not a nice pregnant person. I thought i was just mean. A year or so later. We sort of talk i think we could be friends with this new union we have going on. So your stepfather did something I don't remember exactly what it was but it pissed off your dad." She remembered this vividly she remembered hating that she had ever suggested it. She remembered blaming herself for it. "I'm at home with a one year old he went out. So your mom was the reason your stepdad did whatever he did. So she slipped your father something and pretended to be me. This is why i now have blue streaks in my hair. Doesn't remember anything i don't know anything about it then a few weeks later she shows up saying she's pregnant. "

"With me." Valentina knew that her mom's pregnancy with her had been the turning point for a lot of the issues. 

Elena nodded she had been so angry and felt so betrayed and she hadn't wanted to stay after thinking he had cheated on her. "Yeah. So i flipped my top and demanded a DNA test. I wanted to know it came back true. Pissed. I packed up all three of their shit my shit packed the car. I had a condo in my name that no one but me and my best friends knew about. They were packed in the car and i was bout to go."

"He caught you before you left." Valentina guessed she knew that they were still married up until he had died. 

"Yeah he wanted to know what he could do so i would forgive him. She was positive it was a girl that it was different then her last three pregnancies. Either way, i said i wanted the baby especially if it was a girl. He said he would make it happen." But as the lawyer she was who had lived the life she had she wanted to make sure that Alyssa couldn't change her mind. That Alyssa couldn't come back for the baby. "I drew up a contract she would hand the baby over to us and have no contact she agreed the payout was worth it. But she knew that she wasn't going to be able to go back to her old life and that her husband wouldn't accept it."

"So then what."

"She told your father when i was not there that she had to get something." She wished that she had been there she wished that he would have known better than to trust that snake after what she had already done. 

"She never came back." SHe knew the answer she had disappeared and that caused the rest of everything. 

"Disappeared." Elena wasn't sure what had been going through his mind when he had decided that but it wasn't the smartest decision of his. "He never listens to me i told him don't let her out of the house. That she couldn't be trusted that she was selfish and only cared about herself she was going to put you in danger."