The next day

Adriano woke up to his sister sleep on him. He recalled what had happened just moments before she had finally gone to sleep. She was in tears. But he knew that she preferred the truth over the continuous lies; no matter how much it had hurt learning it.

Adriano carefully moved her getting up and heading downstairs he found his mom sitting at the dining room table looking at files. "You really back for good."

Elena looked up at him she knew that they hadn't wanted her back and before she had let them get away with that. But now she no longer cared what they wanted. "I would have been back had you guys not kicked me out."

He went and sat across from his mother he wanted to know why she had done it to begin with. "Why did you do it?"

Elena sighed she had told them why she had done it because she hadn't had much or a choice in the matter. "You know why didn't we go through this yesterday."

"I want to hear it from you directly." Adriano wanted to know what was the truth about what had had happened directly from the source itself.

"Stubborn just like your father. He was supposed to be in there 5 years tops. That was it but it didn't go that way i was going to get him out and i was going to get all the charges cleared but he died. You don't think that i felt bad for what i did i loved him he was your father but he was my husband and the two of us had been through a lot together." They had crossed many bridges together and she had been happy when they had made it. But something else had gotten in the way. "Alyssa just had to ruin everything more she wanted to leave her mark and she paid for it. I made sure of that what happened was not what was supposed to happen we were all supposed to be a family. I know you're upset with me and i know you hold a grudge i am the same way. I lost two girls and i became vengeful."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Adriano knew that if his mother had just opened up to them about this things would have changed things could have been differently for all of them.

"Adriano you were young when your dad was sent away. We agreed when we got back together that we would never talk about Ella. He had the house when i had lost her destroyed and built this for me." They had wanted to be better they had not wanted to think of the daughter who they had lost but instead of who they could be. "From the moment i had first left him he made plans to get me back whatever it took. I had been through a lot losing a baby at 19 does something to a girl. I was scared i had wanted a girl i was pushed down the stairs and lost her."

"Pushed." Adriano pushed up from the chair to look at his mother wanting to make sure that he heard her correctly.

"Sit down listen to me you can't repeat this to anyone." Adriano sighed before sitting down Elena wanted to make sure he listened closely to her. "I never told your dad that i always assumed that it was one of the staff who didn't like me so i asked your dad when we got back together could choose who worked here together i've vetted everyone."

"Dad didn't know." Adriano assumed that his father hadn't known about it before he had died because he knew if he did he would have done something.

Elena shook her head it had been a secret that she had planned to take to the grave. She had known how Valentino would react if he knew about it. And it wouldn't have been good. "No i couldn't tell him he would have started a war if he knew that someone caused that it was easier to say i slipped. But that's not the point i know that i made some bad decisions but we had been through a lot i was young. I did some bad things growing up."

"So i've heard." Adriano had heard about numerous things that his mom had done and what she was capable of which kind of scared him.

Elena rolled her eyes leaning forward she could already tell her stepdaughter was following her footsteps. She couldn't help but be a little proud of that. "I hear Valentina was bad as me minus the murder but i think it's coming."