ch 16

Watching his daughter on her wedding day was something Marco never thought he'd have the privilege of seeing, smiling seeing her marry the man she loves is all he can ask for.

He still wishes he had known about her sooner and could have seen even more of her mile stones, he's grateful he gets to witness her life now.

While he was wary of the cook for a couple months, Marco soon saw just how much the boy loved her and her him. Laughing he thinks back to when the boy asked him for his blessing.

Marco found himself standing along the dock close to the Moby dick as many unloaded the last of supplies that was just delivered, it had been 6 months since the war of wano, they had finally finished rebuilding this shipment was the last of the supplies before they all set sail once again.

"Hey, Marco, can we have a chat?" Marco lifted his brow at the Love Cook nodding his head he motion for the young man to follow him. A spot away from others Marco sat ontop a rock waiting.

"Oi, you gonna speak or smoke your lungs away?" He finally asked.

Sanji looked up quickly a bit startled he had been so lost in his own thoughts trying to word this right that he had forgotten to actually ask it.

"You know, I've learned from my past mistakes and deeply regret them don't you?" Marco tilted his head as Sanji looked as if he would faint.

"Yoi, I do. I've seen you make things right, take blame for your own actions and redeem yourself..what is this about Sanji-Yoi?" Sanji took a deep breath as he paced, lighting yet another cigarette.

"I love Amara, she's everything to me, my sun, my moon, the air I breath..i was foolish for what I've done to her. I was a man who claimed to love and respect the ladies yet I disrespected and hurt the one women who is everything I ever needed and want,Mara giving me my second chance was like finally eating after starving on that rock for those 80 day. It breathed life back into me, giving me a new outlook on life and dream to chase after...I used to want find the all blue..now I want make sure she's happy and healthy fighting beside her and for her..as my wife..Marco im...I'm asking you for your blessing to ask Amara to Marry me..and before you say I know it's her choose and her choose alone and I also have to ask her brothers and I plan to but I know it would mean the world to her if you gave your permission..your opinion matters so much to her. Her finally finding you and getting to have her father in her life has been the biggest blessing she could ask for."

Sanji had stopped pacing standing straight his posture letting Marco know he's serious and truly means every word, no longer was he nervous now he's determined.

"You right, it is Amara decision and you will still have to ask her brothers. However I have seen your progress and determination..I will give you my blessing..but...you ever hurt her, make her cry in anything but joy or happiness...I'll make Pops quakes look like childplay when I get ahold of you..and I won't be the only one just remember that..afterall if she says yes or should I say when cause I know my daughter you'll then be my Son in law..!"