𝕎𝕚𝕝𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕤

I stepped out of the rainy smell and wetness, into the castle, the cool air enveloping me like a familiar embrace. My "breather" had been invigorating, but my mind was still reeling from the encounter with Malfoy. I couldn't shake the feeling that his piercing grey eyes were still etched on my mind, like a branding iron seared into my brain.

I pushed the thought aside as I made my way to the Great Hall. It was lunchtime, and I could smell the aroma of roasting meats throughout the corridors, but I wasn't hungry... I quickened my pace.

As I entered the Great Hall, I was greeted by the warm glow of candles and the hum of conversation. The long tables were already filled with students, chatting and laughing over their plates. I scanned the room, searching for a familiar face.

My eyes landed on Malfoy, seated at the table with his friends. He looked up, caught my gaze, and held it for a moment before turning back to his conversation. My heart skipped a beat as I felt a flutter in my chest. Why did he have to be so... attractive?

I pushed the thought away, reminding myself of all the reasons why I shouldn't even think about him that way. But despite our animosity, there was something about him that drew me in. Those light grey eyes seemed to hold a mystery that I couldn't quite understand, but in a way I wanted to.

I took a deep breath and made my way to the table, where Anastasia was already seated. She looked up as I approached, a concerned expression on her face.

"What's wrong?" she asked, as I slid into the empty seat beside her.

"Just Malfoy being his usual charming self," I replied, rolling my eyes.

Anastasia raised an eyebrow. "What did he do this time?"

I filled her in on our encounter outside, leaving out no details. Anastasia listened to me, but didnt seem amused, like she was warning me to stay away, but I knew I would anyways.

"I don't know why you even bother talking to him," she said, when I finished. "He's just going to keep pushing you around."

I shrugged. "I know it's stupid, but sometimes I just can't help it. "

Anastasia snorted. "Confidence is one thing, but he's also got a reputation for being a complete asshole."

But as I glanced over at him again, my eyes locking onto his for a moment before he looked away, I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something beneath the surface. I shook it off, I cant think of him like that. MALFOY of all people.

The rest of lunch was a blur.  But every time I glanced over at Malfoy, I felt that same flutter in my chest. Like my brain was trying to tell me something.

As we filed out of the Great Hall after lunch, Anastasia caught my arm. "Hey, y/n," she said quietly. "Can I talk to you about something?"

I nodded.. What could she possibly want to talk about?

"Malfoy," she said bluntly. "You're not going to start thinking he's attractive or anything, are you?"

I felt my face flush with embarrassment. "Anastasia, what are you talking about? Of course not!"

But she just raised an eyebrow. "y/n, I've seen the way you look at him sometimes. You're not immune to his charm, are you?"

I opened my mouth to protest again, but she just smiled knowingly. "Just be careful, okay? Malfoy is trouble with a capital T."

I nodded reluctantly, feeling a sense of unease wash over me. Maybe Anastasia was right. 

But as I walked away from her, my eyes caught on his once more. And for a moment, I felt that flutter in my chest again.