7.10

"You said... His Majesty the Saint colluded with the demons to deceive us?"

In the temple, which is similar to an office, the middle-aged man who succeeded the deceased old pope a few years ago stood beside the desk. He touched his beard with a frown, shook his head and said to the boy standing in front of him: "Dylan, I think you must have some misunderstanding about His Highness the Son of God. He would definitely not do such a thing."

Standing in front of the Pope was Dylan with a calm face.

Dylan specifically asked to see the Pope this morning to report to him that he suspected that Mu Qingli had actually met with the Demon King who was rumored to be very powerful. However, Mu Qingli not only did not deal with the Demon King, but instead joined forces with him to betray the human race, and even developed a forbidden relationship with the cruel and murderous Demon King.

The Pope thought this statement was ridiculous: "I have also heard about the conflict between you and His Royal Highness the Son of God. His Royal Highness the Son of God usually does not care about your arrogance and unreasonableness, which is a sign of his generosity. How can you still slander him like this?"

"Don't forget, although you children also have blood containing holy power, His Royal Highness the Son of God is the one who truly brought peace to our continent. How could he do such a thing?" The Pope questioned in disagreement.

Dylan clenched his fists at his side, and a trace of dissatisfaction flashed through his eyes before he said, "When I went to the town to rescue the people there, I met a townsman who had once fought against monsters. He told me that he learned from the monsters that their Demon King had lurked in the temple. After thinking about it, I think that the most suspicious person during this period is Mr. Lucas."

"I think the Temple should send someone to investigate his identity. If he really is someone with ulterior motives, wouldn't that put the Temple in danger?"

His attitude was very firm: "Since the Pope feels there is no evidence, let's not alarm the Holy Son and Mr. Lucas and investigate the result. If I have wronged His Highness the Holy Son, I will apologize to him, but if Mr. Lucas's identity is unknown, in such an uneasy situation now, I have a reasonable reason to ask him to go to the temple to test his identity!"

Dylan said this, subconsciously touching the side of his waist.

He still remembered how he almost died at the hands of a big devil in that small town. Faced with the life-and-death crisis and temptation, he chose to compromise with the big devil.

The demon said his name was Lennart, he saw through his intention to replace Mu Qingli, and signed a contract with him, promising to help him fulfill this wish. The demon said he did not want to harm the humans of the entire continent, his target was only His Royal Highness the Son of God and the man beside him.

Lennart had just told him a few days ago that Lucas was not a duke at all, and his real identity was actually the lord of the Abyss, the Demon King Elvis.

Lennart also said that His Royal Highness the Holy Son was also aware of Elvis's identity, but he still went out with him, obviously having signed some unspeakable contract in private.

As a citizen of the mainland, Dylan certainly would not allow people's lives to be threatened.

If His Royal Highness the Son of God really betrayed the Temple, he would of course report him!

Although the Pope trusted Mu Qingli very much, he could not help but hesitate after hearing what Dylan said. Finally, he nodded with difficulty: "Okay, let's confirm the identity of Duke Lucas first."