Chapter 4

If there was anyone I had expected to see there, Thor wouldn’t have even been on the list. The book clearly stated they had not seen eye-to-eye that much. Not only that but Thor was beating him up on more than one occasion.

My heart was quickening its rate from genuine fear for the first time. Thor didn't say a word, just started making his way towards me with Mjolnir in his right hand. Loki didn't dare move as any sort of movement would burn his skin. However, I could see anger rising within him. I also didn't dare move as I doubted Thor would miss this time.

"So, you've got something of ours." The blonde Norse god skipped all the pleasantries and went straight to the point. I preferred it that way either way. I glanced at Loki who for some reason showed fear as well. I had never seen him as scared until now. A confusion was starting to infiltrate my brain as I struggled to decide what to do.

"Yes, and there's a good reason for it." I said as confidently as I could.

"Oh really?" He asked with a cocked eyebrow. "You do know I can just fling you into space at this exact moment, right?"

"I would really love you to–" With one heavy swing, Thor threw the hammer towards me, making me fly across the field for about four hundred feet. I growled as my body slammed against the ground with the hardest blow I had ever received. I felt all the air leaving my body, making me gasp for air. As I started propping myself up, I heard curses in the distance which made me chuckle. Thor was realizing he couldn't help Loki out of the chains as they too burned him.

At that moment, I noticed something dripping down my chin only to realize it was black goo from my mouth. Only then I started feeling pain in my guts and started to take the situation much more seriously. Although it had also started making me motivated. I felt anger rising in me as I wiped the blood off my chin. I slowly stood up so as not to unlock yet another painful spot on the body. As Thor drew nearer, I braced myself for the inevitable confrontation, steeling my nerves for whatever may come. Despite the odds stacked against me, I stood firm, ready to face the thunder god with all the defiance of a demon scorned.

"You'd better unlock those chains before I swing you another 400 feet!" Thor's voice thundered, his eyes ablaze with fury as he loomed over me. Ignoring his demands, I remained silent, my gaze steady as I focused my energy on him.

With a determined effort, I pressed my hand against his forehead, delving into the depths of his mind with telepathic prowess. It was like grappling with a titan, his mental defenses formidable and unyielding. Yet, inch by inch, I breached his barriers, wielding my psychic powers with relentless determination.

As my influence took hold, I felt the resistance wane, replaced by a dawning compliance in Thor's eyes. His pupils dilated as he succumbed to the compulsion, his movements becoming sluggish and robotic. With a sense of triumph, I commanded him to relinquish his weapon, watching as he obediently handed it over.

But my victory was short-lived, for as I grasped the hammer, its weight bore down upon me like a leaden shackle, sending me crashing to the ground once more. Agony lanced through my body as I struggled to rise, the full force of Thor's formidable weapon proving to be more than I could bear.

Before Thor could break out from the trance, I reached out a hand towards him and summoned all the strength I had, sending him flying across the field.

"Asmodeus!" Loki's voice echoed through the clearing, pulling my attention toward him. "You have to allow me to use it!" His urgency struck me, leaving me momentarily bewildered. I glanced at Thor, who was just picking himself up from the ground, a mixture of amusement and frustration evident in his expression.

"Why do you even want Loki back? Aren't you two supposed to hate each other?" I interjected, hoping to buy some time and glean more information.

Thor approached, his demeanor more serious now. "I'm not one for debates," he replied, his voice tinged with a hint of condescension. "But the situation is simple. Loki escaped from his confinement prematurely, and now we need to bring him back. We can't risk the apocalypse, and I doubt you want that either."