Chapter 12

Beelzebub and I instantly stopped in our tracks the moment we heard the voice. I felt cold sweat flushing over me as I noticed Abaddon approaching us from the other side of the tower. He was still wearing the same black robe from the last time we met. This time there was no hood covering his face, revealing his pale bony face and two black holes that resembled eyes. I didn't dare say anything until he was close enough to us, now his frame blocking the entrance of the tower. I felt any wrong move would send us flying into the void.

The moment he was just a few feet away from us, his eyes fixated on me clearly showing hints that he wasn't necessarily looking forward to company.

"H-hi, Abaddon." I mumbled as I went a few steps backwards to be closer to Beelzebub. The other demon looked at me in bewilderment and then glanced over at Abaddon.

"Hello, sir." Beelzebub suddenly spoke and I almost snorted due to him calling Abaddon sir. He noticed that and elbowed me in the ribs lightly.

The void being's eyes then fixated on him, inspecting him for a few seconds. "What happened to our deal? Is it off already?" His brows furrowed as he turned his attention back to me.

"He doesn't know anything yet." I assured Abaddon, hoping this would get me off the hook. His expression became grimmer as he started moving towards us, my heart quickening its pace. His eyes seemed like they were turning my essence inside out due to their intensity.

"Ah... you're not lying." His face quickly turned to an indifferent expression as if he wasn't about to murder me a few seconds ago. As if I would dare to lie to him. However, he didn't move from the door of the tower, appearing to struggle to decide what to do with us.

"Abaddon... I'm not here for you-know-who just yet." The moment I said that, his expression darkened once again. So I quickly continued talking, "I'm here for Pandora."

A clear confusion washed over him the moment I spoke her name. "I don't believe I've heard of such... Wait a second." He hummed for a few seconds as he started stroking his chin. "Is that the forbidden love the Devil spoke about?" I could swear I saw him trying to contain a smirk.

"It has nothing to do with forbidden love." I said sharply. How much did the Devil tell him? "Now, where's she?" I demanded.

A small chuckle erupted from Abaddon's mouth which had genuinely taken me aback. "Excuse me," he cleared his throat and went back to the familiar neutrality. "I believe your trip has been in vain." He spoke, his voice as monotonous as ever. I clenched my jaw as I tried to push down a fury rising up in me. However, there was a part of me that already knew that this could've been pointless.

"What are you talking about?" I still needed some answers however.

"You don't leave a void." Abaddon simply explained as he crossed his arms. "It just needs to spit you out on the other side."

The explanation itself made my stomach twist in a very uncomfortable way. A flashback from the vision I had back in Alfheim rushed through my mind in that instant. Suddenly, the familiar dread made its way back to my senses.

"The other side?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation flowing. Although in reality I was terrified of finding out.

"How come you don't know about this?" Abaddon inquired with a slight tilt of his head before looking at Beelzebub. "What about you? Do you know what's on the other side of the void?"

The other demon flinched, surprised that he was suddenly spoken to. To be fair, Beelzebub was reeking of nervous energy which would explain why he was so quiet the entire time. "Oh? Well..." He paused for a few seconds. "I'm not sure. The Devil has never spoken to us about it. We really thought you were a myth until now."