Chapter 17: Baby It's Cold Outside

A/N: This chapter is for the funnies, not fully canon to the storyline. I mean, the part where Wilbur doesn't want Y/N to go home and insists she stay, that's canon, but what they say isn't because I'm basing it on the song "Baby it's cold outside", which Wilbur does a cover of with toxxxic. If you go to toxxxics channel (watch there it doesn't give him money), it should be there, and I highly recommend listening while reading to make sense of the dialogue. It's all the lyrics, so that's why it's weird. Anyway, on with the story! :D

Y/N POV

The kiss we had was exhilarating, but I was not blind to the fact that I had to leave. Every second longer I stay here heightens the chances of Schlatt finding out I was here, which would not be good. It had also started raining, which is another excuse I could use. Sighing, I look at Wilbur.

"I really can't stay" I start, but he cuts me off.

"Baby it's cold outside" he says, eyes aglow as he puts his beanie on my head jokingly. I scoff.

"I've got to go away..." I say, but Wilbur's persistent.

"We'll give you a ride." he smiles, walking me back towards Pogtopia with a smirk.

"This evening has been~" I start, but he interrupts.

"Been hoping that you'd drop by~" he says flirtatiously, giving me a wink.

"~So very nice" I finish, shooting him a mock glare.

"I'll hold your hands... they're just like ice." He says, holding my hands tightly in his own. I did not blush. You saw nothing.

"My brother will start to worry" I say, thinking of Dream. He won't care, but I can't stay longer, or I risk the chance of not leaving, for my own selfish reasons.

"I can get the horse, let's hurry." Wilbur grins, looking at the beanie.

"My father will be pacing the floor" I reason, and he laughs.

"Have I met your dad before?" He jokes darkly. I roll my eyes.

"So really I'd better scurry" I interject, starting to walk away.

"The horse's name is Murray" Wilbur says, eyes pleading I stay a bit longer. Named horses are my weakness. It totally wasn't the tall, handsome man in front of me. I take a deep breath and sigh deeply.

"Well maybe just another game more" I surrender, as he grins, dragging me to the main area for Pogtopia, before grabbing a fancy red wine and some of Tommy's discs.

"I'll put some records on while I pour" he grins triumphantly, and I giggle to myself.

~3 drinks in~

"The others might think~" I slur as he cuddles on my shoulder.

"Baby it's bad out there" he whispers, pointing at the rain drunkenly while pouring more wine.

"Maybe I'll have one more drink..." I relent, lifting the glass.

"There's rides to be had out there" he agrees, pouring some wine in the glass.

"I wish I knew how~" I started, staring into his eyes, before he interrupts me again.

"I don't know what to do now..." he shrugs mischievously, looking at the beanie I still wore, and seeing my glare at being interrupted again.