II. Your pretty face is going to hell

Cw: swear words, cursing, stealing, pocket picking, Christianity ramble

Going from your job to the bus stop in the busy city was like going though a gold mine that could collapse at any second if you picked up the wrong rocks

But you were a pretty short and a sneaky fella, not drawing attention to yourself, sliding through the crowd with ease and every now & then sticking your hand into someone's pocket or bag.
It's fine nothing would happen, it never did.

Pocket picking was fun, it send a bit of anxiety mixed with adrenaline through your body, you really enjoyed it.
You could probably say you were an adrenaline junky. Not always. But stealing shit was addictive.. sometimes. You just couldn't help it. You knew it was morally wrong and you did feel bad about it but you needed the money and also had way too much fun whilst doing that.

At some point out of the corner of your eye you saw a tall man next to an alley. He looked like he was standing on stilts or something, about 9ft tall or so.
You hated those advertisement fuckers in costumes. As a kid you were always afraid of them. Not because they were creepy as hell no but because they could technically lose balance and fall onto you. When you turned your head to look but in this moment you bumped into someone again.

"oop sorry"

You couldn't shake the feeling of being watched while you were on the bus going to one of your lectures. There was an older couple holding hands, a father and a child, a handsome buff girl and two preppy girls that looked over at you every now and then. You were sure they were talking shit about your emo looking ass and you swore if they wouldn't stop being annoying asswipes you would make yourself zone out on them just to make them feel uncomfortable.

The bus you were on was a crusty old one. The seats were worn out and looked like the only thing that was holding the fabric together was dust, dirt and some chewing gum. (very much over exaggerating)
Every time there was a turn there were loud ass rustling, metal screeching, ear breaking noises and you wouldn't be surprised if this bus would start falling apart while driving 50 k/mh through the city. The sounds were just awful and you wondered how many safety and hygiene rules were broken in here.
Or more like we're NOT broken.

Not that you cared about rules much, one of your hobby's was literally pocket picking. You were very fucking good at stealing shit in general. Maybe you really should get a job on the black market/dark web. Whatever.
As long as the stuff you had to do wasnt nasty stuff you would be.... probably fine with it. ?
You did had contacts who could help you get into this stuff so why wouldn't you at least try. The thought was very tempting because you were a broke college student, a month behind school fees and also needed to fucking not starve while you were at it.

——————————————————————————
Note book
Diary

                                                                                                                October 11th 2016

Diary entry #3
Forgot to write into this and only remembered now while sitting on the bus. Handwriting might be ass but at least I'm trying so ig this counts. Was kinda busy working in the purple duck. Kinda stressed but at least I almost have the college fees together. Very lucky that my adoptive parents pay for the cottage I live in. They're really nice people and I'm lucky they took me in, pay for my living situation and therapy but they never were emotionally there for me. Therapy isn't going to make up for it. They don't even have a lot of contact with me. Anyway. When we called yesterday I wanted to mention it and be a bit more open about my feelings with them but then they mentioned that they buying a car for me so I ended up not saying anything. Maybe I should just shut up completely for forever. Tempting.

——————————————————————————

THUMP

Finally the rusty bus came to a stop with some more eardrum torturing noises.
It was your stop and you were truly relieved.
It was still raining tho. Ass.

You made your way to the building you had your lecture in, still headphones on and blasting loud (insert favourite genre or artist) music. And as clumsy as you were you bumped into someone again. Unintentionally this time.

After your lecture ended you managed to make small talk with two of the students that also took this class. The one with the dark braids was the one you bumped into today. He was dressed in skinny jeans, vans and a Detroit hoodie. The girl was a dirty blonde. She wore a long skirt with a floral pattern, some vintage looking boots and a grandpa sweater. She/he was kinda cute. But she/he wasn't your type because your type was MEN/WOMEN. Mostly...

Living in the Midwest as a queer person really did suck. All the "you're going to hell" "Jesus will save you" and and and signs were getting kinda annoying day by day. You didn't understand why Christian's were being judgmental and hateful when the rules of their religion literally say not to do exactly that. Christianity itself was a okay religion with good ideas and rules. The problems are the people in the religion. Ahw man what peer pressure couldn't do eh?

You and the other two ended up getting some lunch and coffee together. The hot liquid was way too expensive but who isn't a fan of overpriced coffee?Even better than lunch and coffee was the fact that it wasn't raining in streams for once. The street was roaming with people that were going about their day. Thick jackets, scarfs, beanies and gloves. It sure was getting colder. Yes most of the people were talking negatively about the cold weather but you liked it. The weather, the yellow leaves, the rain, the Halloween decorations. Autumn was just better than any other season.

Word count: 1026
Authors note: