X. The quiet before the storm {S. 2}

Cw: swear words, cursing, mention of murder and gore, arguing/yelling, death

SEASON 2

Weeks turned into months and you fully recovered from the paranoia, migraines, nosebleeds and nightmares. Almost fully. You never found out what kind of sickness or infection or whatever you had was, so you just settled on the theory that a lot of stress, mourning a friend and sleep deprivation were the triggers. Psychological health could effect your physical health, that one was a fact.

Soon enough winter ended and spring began, that's when you started studying for your finals that were in five or so months. While keeping up with work, college and hobbies you also managed to meet up with people more often and go out with friends at least twice a week. Finals went pretty well, no clue how you managed it but you ended up in the top 25 in every single exam. Binge studying one out of every three exams and living on coffee, tea, soda, soup, (insert favourite food), junk and meds felt like living on limit but it was fine. Everything is fine.

After the finals you bought yourself a new second hand car and decided to move to the city with a roommate since moving in summer break sounded the most logical time to do it

After the finals you bought yourself a new second hand car and decided to move to the city with a roommate since moving in summer break sounded the most logical time to do it. Living alone the last one and a half years was nice and all but it made accidental self isolation happen way too often. In order to change that and try to work on yourself you moved in with no other than Nolan. He wasn't your first choice but he kinda was because everyone else you knew already had a stable-ish living situation. Nolan wasn't an asshole and you two turned into pretty good buddies in the last few months so frankly it was pretty nice. He was two years older than you but usually acted like a immature teen, some people never grew out of this phase and to be honest, thinking about it, it wasn't a particularly negative thing. He was fun.

It felt like you replaced Charley with Nolan. This wasn't true you knew that it was just anxiety making you feel this way. It wasn't your fault.

A part of you also archived the urge of investigating a unpredictable rabbit hole. The urge never went away, you just burried it, letting it slowly mould and hopefully decompose into nothing.