•𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈•

August and Emory sat across from Imani, who was still reeling from the story they had just told her. "And so that's what happened," August concluded with a weary shrug. "That's where we are now." Emory nodded in agreement.

Imani stared at them, her face a mask of incredulity, unable to process the absurdity of what she had just heard. "You want me to do what? Oh no, I know Tracy was desperate, but stooping this low just to get some attention is a huge low blow. Nah uh," she said, standing up, disbelief etched on her features.

"I was worried about him," she continued, her voice rising. "But now, finding out he was foolish enough to hook up with some girl who 'bit' his lip with venom, and now you're asking me to suck it out? That's some crazy-ass shit." She turned to leave, shaking her head in disbelief.

"He got himself into this mess after lying about not being that kind of guy. I'm glad I didn't believe him. I'm sure it was some girl getting payback on him, probably with her pet snake," Imani scoffed.

"Wait!" August and Emory called out, stopping her in her tracks.

"I know this is hard to believe, but let me show you that this voodoo stuff is real," August said, lifting his sleeve to reveal a cursed tattoo that began to glow ominously. Imani's eyes widened in surprise.

"I was just like Tracy... maybe not as bad as him—" August started, but his throat tightened, cutting him off. "Oh shit," he managed, struggling to breathe.

Imani and Emory watched as August caught his breath. "Okay, maybe I was just as terrible, but I never went beyond with threesomes or orgies like he did. I just stuck to one woman at a time while flirting and possibly kissing or whatever with others. But that's beside the point," August confessed.

Imani folded her arms and sighed. "Oh wow. This whole situation is fucked up... The whole friend group is a bunch of hoes," she said, chewing her gum thoughtfully.

"Not me. I'm not. I always try to talk sense into those idiots. Please don't include me," Emory protested, causing Imani to lift an eyebrow and scrutinize him.

"Mhm, that's what they all say," she rolled her eyes.

"The cards were right; you sure as hell are stubborn," Emory remarked, to which Imani furrowed her eyebrows.

"Stubborn? I'm just a woman protecting herself. If a guy tried some shit like that on me, he'd end up with a few injuries for wasting my time," Imani scoffed. August and Emory exchanged a look.

"I believe she's definitely the one for Tracy," Emory said, nodding.

"Mhm, yup. Yup, I totally agree," August added.

"Imani, from the messages I've seen between you two and what Tracy told others, it seems like he was starting to like you, or at least you piqued his interest. I'm sure, somewhere deep down, you were liking his antics," Emory suggested.

Imani maintained her composure, though her mind raced. "You two want me to risk my life to suck venom out of his lip because he used his dick instead of his heart and brain? What if I'm not the one?" she challenged.

"But from Sumeria's visions, you most likely are," Emory insisted. "And the way Tracy was texting us about you—he never talks about any girl like that, especially by name. He usually just refers to them as 'some female' or worse, but not you."

"Let me see, give me his phone," Imani demanded, holding out her hand.

"Here, see for yourself," Emory said, handing her Tracy's phone.

Imani began reading the messages, her eyes scanning over the text. "You're the only girl's name you can search. He doesn't even say his sister's name; he just calls her 'little sis,'" Emory explained.