•𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈•

Pressure?

Oh, we all know that feeling so well.

It creeps in slowly, like a shadow at dusk, weaving itself into the fabric of our lives until it becomes impossible to ignore.

Lurking in the darkness, it waits to unravel secrets and expose betrayals. Emotions swirl like a storm, each gust bringing a new wave of tension and uncertainty. It's the invisible force that tightens around your chest, the silent whisper that keeps you up at night.

That Same Night

In the dimly lit hallway, Amina paused, her heart pounding as she gathered her thoughts. She had to act quickly. Quietly, she made her way towards Maya's room, her mind racing with the urgency of her discovery. Knocking softly, she waited, her breath held until Maya opened the door.

"Amina? What's going on?" Maya asked, her eyes wide with curiosity.

"You were right, Maya," Amina whispered, glancing around to ensure they were alone.

"Right about what?" Maya's confusion was palpable, her brow furrowing as she tried to recall.

"About Desireé," Amina insisted, her voice low but urgent. "Don't you remember?"

Maya shook her head, frustration flickering in her eyes. "I don't know what you're talking about. What did I say?"

Amina sighed, her concern deepening. "We need to go to Sumeria's. I'll explain everything there. I found something, and it's important."

The atmosphere in Sumeria's living room was tense, a heavy silence hanging in the air as Emory, Amina, Maya, and Sumeria gathered. The room, usually filled with the comforting scents of incense and herbs, now felt oppressive, the weight of their collective unease settling like a thick fog.

Maya and Sumeria exchanged confused glances, their memories hazy, fragments of thoughts slipping through their grasp like sand. "What are we doing here?" Sumeria asked, her voice tinged with frustration. "I feel like I'm missing something."

Emory pulled out his phone, a sense of urgency in his movements. "Watch this," he said, opening the video Sumeria had sent him earlier. The room fell silent as the video played, Sumeria's own voice filling the space, explaining the tarot reading and the ominous signs surrounding Desireé and August.

As the video ended, Sumeria's eyes widened in realization. "I remember now," she whispered, her voice trembling. "I sent this?"

Amina nodded, her expression serious. "Yes, and Maya told me she saw Desireé giving August that strange tea. But now she can't remember either."

Maya's eyes were wide with shock, her mind struggling to piece together the fragmented memories. "I... I saw it, but it's like it's been erased."

Emory leaned forward, his expression determined. "Sumeria, can you do a tarot reading? See if there's a spell or something that's blocking your memories?"

Sumeria nodded, her hands trembling slightly as she reached for her tarot deck. The cards felt heavy in her hands, charged with an unseen energy. As she shuffled, the air in the room grew colder, shadows lengthening and shifting, as if the very spirits of the bayou were awakening to their call.

She laid the cards out, her eyes narrowing as she interpreted the spread. "There's definitely something here," she murmured, her voice barely above a whisper. "A spell, something dark. It's clouding our minds, making us forget."

Emory's eyes hardened. "Can you undo it?"

Sumeria took a deep breath, her hands steadying as she prepared to cast the counter-spell. "I'll try," she said, her voice resolute. She closed her eyes, chanting softly, her words weaving a protective barrier around them.