•𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈 𝚂𝙸𝚇•

February 16, 2009
15 Years Ago

Fifteen years ago, a young and curious Yuna, just ten years old, sat cross-legged on the floor of her grandmother's cozy living room. The room was filled with the comforting scent of incense and the soft glow of candlelight. Her grandmother, a wise and gentle woman with silver hair and warm eyes, sat in her favorite rocking chair, knitting quietly.

"Grandmére Maera," Yuna began, her eyes wide with curiosity, "what's voodoo?"

Her grandmother paused her knitting and looked down at Yuna with a smile. "Ah, voodoo, my dear. It's a very old and special practice, filled with magic and mystery."

Yuna's eyes sparkled with excitement. "Magic? Like in fairy tales?"

"Something like that," her grandmother chuckled. "Voodoo is a religion that comes from Africa and was brought here by our ancestors. It's a way of connecting with the spirits, the forces of nature, and our ancestors who have passed on."

Yuna's face lit up with excitement. "Wow, that's so cool! Do the spirits talk to us? Can we see them?"

Her grandmother smiled warmly. "Sometimes, if you listen very carefully, you might feel their presence or hear their whispers. They can come to us in dreams or through signs in nature."

Yuna's eyes widened even more. "Like in my dreams? I had a dream about a big, beautiful bird last night! Was that a spirit?"

"Perhaps it was," her grandmother said with a gentle nod. "The spirits often use animals to send us messages. It's important to pay attention to these signs."

Yuna bounced a little in her seat, her excitement barely contained. "Can I learn to talk to them too? Can you teach me how to do the rituals?"

Her grandmother chuckled softly. "In time, my dear. "

Yuna's eyes sparkled with curiosity as she looked up at her grandmother. "Grandma, did my mom have powers too like you and me? What was she like?" she asked, her voice filled with wonder.

Maera let out a soft chuckle, her eyes crinkling with a smile. "Oh, Yuna, your mother was truly special. Asmira had a heart as kind as the morning sun. She was always helping others, always seeing the good in people. And you, my dear, you look just like her."

Yuna's heart swelled with pride and a touch of sadness. "I wish I could've met her, Grandma. Do you think she's watching over me?"

Maera's smile softened, and she placed a gentle hand on Yuna's shoulder. "I believe she is, Yuna. Your mother loved you more than anything, and I know she's with you, guiding you and protecting you. Just like the spirits, she's always near, watching over you."

Yuna felt a warmth spread through her chest, a comforting presence that made her feel safe. "Thank you, Grandma. I promise I'll make her proud."

Maera hugged her tightly, her voice filled with love. "I know you will, my dear. I know you will."

Yuna leaned in closer, hanging on to every word. "How do we get our powers, Grandma?"

Her grandmother's eyes twinkled mischievously. "Well, let me tell you a story," she said, setting her knitting aside. "A long time ago..."

April 2, 2024
Present Day

August stood in the sprawling garden of the mansion, his easel set up under the shade of an ancient oak tree. The sun cast a golden glow over the vibrant flowers and lush greenery, creating a perfect palette of colors for his painting. The gentle rustle of leaves and the distant chirping of birds filled the air, providing a soothing soundtrack to his creative process.