•𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴•

(Other Side - August Alsina plays)

August lay sprawled on the bed, staring blankly at the ceiling, the events of the day replaying in his mind like a broken record. The images of Samara and Kiara's lifeless bodies haunted him, their pale faces and vacant eyes etched into his memory. The room felt heavy, suffocating him under the weight of his guilt and sorrow. His thoughts drifted to Amara, still missing, and a cold dread settled in his chest. He couldn't shake the feeling that he was responsible, that somehow, if he had been more vigilant or taken things more seriously, this nightmare could have been avoided.

August turned onto his side, clutching a pillow tightly. He thought of Trell, his old friend, and the last time they had spoken. The news of Trell's death had hit him hard, but now, knowing how much worse things had become, the pain was unbearable. He imagined Trell's mother and sister, their faces twisted in grief and disbelief upon hearing the news. It was a guilt that gnawed at his soul, a burden he couldn't escape. August's eyes burned with unshed tears, his chest tightening with every breath.

In the midst of his turmoil, Desireé's enchantment, which had kept him under her thrall, began to wane. The intensity of his emotions, the rawness of his guilt and sorrow, shielded him from her influence. He realized, with a jolt, that he needed to do something—anything—to escape the suffocating weight of his thoughts. He sat up, running a hand through his disheveled hair, and glanced at his guitar leaning against the wall. It had been a while since he played, but he knew it was the only thing that might offer some solace.

August picked up the guitar and settled it in his lap, his fingers instinctively finding the strings. He began to strum a slow, melancholic melody, the music resonating with the ache in his heart. The room filled with the soft, mournful notes, each one a reflection of his pain and regret. As he played, he let his mind wander, imagining how things might have been different. He thought about the times he and Trell had shared, the laughter and the camaraderie, now just echoes in his mind. He wondered if he could have done more, if he could have somehow prevented all this chaos and death.

Meanwhile, Desireé paced restlessly in her room, the realization of the damage she had caused sinking in. The bodies, the chaos, the fear—she had unleashed a storm she was struggling to control. She knew she needed to regroup, to find a way to regain her strength and refocus her power. Her thoughts drifted to her mother, a source of wisdom and strength in her life. Desireé decided she needed her mother's counsel now more than ever. With a determined breath, she waved her hand, creating a shimmering portal that rippled like water.

Stepping through the portal, Desireé found herself in her childhood home. The familiar scent of incense and herbs filled the air, but something was off. The house was in disarray, furniture overturned, and items scattered across the floor. Her heart raced as she called out, "Mom? Mom, are you here?" Panic began to set in as she received no response. She searched the rooms frantically, her anxiety growing with each passing second.

Desireé reached the living room, her eyes wide with fear. The place looked as if it had been ransacked. She screamed, "Mom! Where are you?" Her voice echoed through the empty house, met only by silence. She knelt on the floor, her hands trembling. In a desperate move, she called forth a group of aiding spirits, their translucent forms flickering into existence around her.

"Find her," Desireé commanded, her voice choked with emotion. "Search here and in the spirit realm. I need to know she's safe." The spirits nodded, disappearing to carry out her orders. Desireé sat back, her mind racing with worry. What had happened here? Where was her mother?

Back at the mansion, August continued to play his guitar, the music a soothing balm for his troubled soul. As the last notes faded, he realized he needed to get away, to clear his head and find some peace. The mansion, with its dark secrets and painful memories, felt like a trap. He needed to go somewhere safe, somewhere familiar. He decided to visit his mother, Gloria, and his younger sister, Nia. They had always been a source of comfort and support, and he needed that now more than ever.