Chapter fourteen: reactions

Yeji gulped when she saw the expression of shock, mixed with confusion and disgust on her mother's face and also on her younger sister's.

Ryujin took Yeji's hand and squeezed it a little, while the seconds seemed eternal before the deep silence that remained in the place, after Yeji finally revealed the truth.

Ryujin was expecting a strong reaction from both of them and so it happened.

"What?!" Their mother immediately stood up from the couch, while Yeju shook her head, while she stared at the intertwined hands of her sister and her girlfriend.

"What the fuck are you saying, unnie? Ryujin?" The youngest got up seconds later and Yeji looked down, letting another tear run down her cheek, then looked at her sister again.

"Please let me explain how-"

"You shut up!" The woman exclaimed, pointing at Ryujin, then looking at her eldest daughter. "What's all this, Yeji? Is this a fucking joke?"

Yeji gulped again, as she listened to her mother's harsh words and her altered tone of voice, while she stared at Yeju, who had not stopped staring at her.

"It-It was something complicated... We met in a disco and... We had sex, I thought I wouldn't see her again, I swear, I was thinking of having my baby as a single mother, but then Yeju... Then Yeju and Ryujin met and the rest is what you guys already know."

Yeji paused for a few seconds trying to find the right words, but she knew that her mother and sister were going to be furious with her anyway.

"What?! In a disco?!" Her mother exclaimed upset. "Single mother? What the fuck are you saying, Hwang Yeji? Are you a whore?!"

Ryujin knew the woman was just very upset and could understand her anger to a certain extent, but she wasn't going to let the mother of her baby be treated like that.

"Wait a moment, Mrs. Hwang." The woman frowned at her. "Yeji is not what you are saying. Maybe we made a mistake by not telling the truth from the beginning, but we were looking for the right moment."

Ryujin then looked at Yeju, who was still looking at her sister, Yeji was crying buckets, thinking that her sister must be hating her right now and that maybe, she would never speak to her again.

"Yeju... I'm so sorry." Ryujin said to the younger, who then looked at her, although the expression on the mother's face was much harsher. "I...I don't want you to think I used you, I didn't know you were her sister."

"And she didn't know that she had gotten me pregnant either, please, Yeju, don't hate her. And don't hate me either." Yeji let go of Ryujin's hand and approached her younger sister, taking her hand. "I swear, if I had known that you and Ryujin were going to have a relationship, I would never have slept with her."

Yeju just stared at her and Yeji could notice how her sister's eyes were also filled with tears.

"This is incredible!" Yeji's mother said and walked up to Ryujin, giving her a slap, which none of the three of them expected.

"Mom!" Yeji exclaimed.

Just at that moment, Yeju took the opportunity to let go of her older sister's hand and run to the stairs.

"You get out of my house, I don't want to see you near my daughter." The woman said first to Ryujin, then looked at her eldest daughter. "And you, if you want, go with her, I don't care."

Yeji tried to stop her mother, but she walked without stopping to the stairs to go up to her daughter's room, then the brunette tried to go after them, but Ryujin stopped her.