Chapter 4

As Maya sits at her desk, lost in thought, there's a soft knock on her office door, followed by the sound of it opening. In walk Andy, Victoria, and Jack, all wearing smiles on their faces. Maya met Victoria and Jack during university, where they quickly became close friends. Andy, on the other hand, has been Maya's friend since kindergarten.

Andy, Victoria, and Jack are integral members of Maya's architecture firm, the largest in the States.

Andy, the co-regional managing Principal, plays a key role in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the firm alongside Maya. With her sharp analytical skills and strategic mindset, Andy ensures that projects are executed efficiently and that the firm maintains its reputation for excellence in design and innovation.

Victoria, as the managing director, is responsible for the overall direction and performance of the firm. With her strong leadership skills and keen business acumen, Victoria drives growth and profitability while fostering a collaborative and supportive work environment. She oversees business development, client relations, and financial management, ensuring the firm's continued success and expansion.

Jack, the chief operating officer, oversees the operational aspects of the firm, including human resources, IT, and facilities management. With his exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, Jack ensures that the firm's internal processes run smoothly, allowing the creative team to focus on delivering exceptional design solutions to clients.

Together, Andy, Victoria, and Jack form a dynamic leadership team that drives innovation, fosters collaboration, and ensures the firm's continued success in the highly competitive architecture industry.

"Boss, how late are we meeting for drinks tonight?" Andy asks, her enthusiasm contagious as she looks around the room.

Maya looks up, her expression brightening at the sight of her colleagues. "Come around 7, and my personal chef will cook us all a meal," she replies, returning their smiles.

The trio exchanges excited glances, clearly looking forward to the evening ahead.

But Andy notices something different about Maya. "Boss, is everything okay?" she asks, her concern evident in her voice. "You look a bit pale."

Maya waves off her concern with a reassuring smile. "I'm fine, Andy. Just a busy day," she replies, hoping to deflect any further questions for now.

Meanwhile, Victoria and Jack are engaged in playful banter, their easy camaraderie filling the room with warmth. They're arguing about the meeting they just finished, each trying to outdo the other with their witty remarks.

Maya chuckles at their antics before turning her attention back to Andy. "We'll talk about it later tonight," she assures her, making a mental note to address her concern once they're alone.
As the conversation shifts, Maya decides to inquire about the meeting. "So, how did it go?" she asks, her curiosity piqued.

Andy leaned forward, a grin spreading across her face as she addressed Maya. "Boss, you should have seen it! The meeting went off without a hitch. Our financial numbers are through the roof, and we've landed some major new clients. It's incredible how much we've grown in just the past three months."

Victoria nodded in agreement, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "Maya, I couldn't be prouder of what we've accomplished. The team's hard work and dedication have really paid off. We're making waves in the industry, and it's all thanks to your leadership and vision."

Jack chimed in, his voice brimming with enthusiasm. "Maya, you should have seen the look on everyone's faces when we shared the numbers. It was like a collective 'wow' moment. I think we've really turned a corner, and the future is looking brighter than ever."