Chapter 8

As the evening progressed and the wine flowed freely, Andrea, Carina, and Gabriella found themselves in increasingly high spirits. Laughing and chatting animatedly, they lost track of time until the restaurant began to close for the night.

"Looks like it's time to call it a night," Andrea remarked, glancing around as the staff began to tidy up.

Carina, her cheeks flushed from the alcohol, waved a dismissive hand. "Oh, come on, Andrea," she protested. "The night is still young! Let's go out and have some fun!"

Andrea exchanged a concerned glance with Gabriella, noticing how unsteady Carina seemed on her feet. "I don't know, Carina," he said cautiously. "Are you sure you're up for it? You've had quite a bit to drink."

Carina waved off his concern with a carefree laugh. "I'm fine, Andrea," she insisted, a playful glint in her eyes. "I want to party and forget about what happened today. Let's go out and make some memories!"

Gabriella, catching onto Carina's enthusiasm, chimed in, "Yeah, let's go have some fun at Club Paradiso!"

With their decision made, they hailed a taxi and piled in, ready for a night of revelry and adventure. As they sped off towards the club, their laughter filled the air, carrying them away into the promise of a new and exciting evening.

As the taxi ride progressed, Carina's condition worsened, and she suddenly leaned forward, clutching her stomach. "Stop the taxi!" she gasped, her voice strained.

Andrea quickly relayed the message to the driver, who pulled over to the side of the road just in time for Carina to stumble out of the vehicle, retching onto the pavement.
"Andrea, maybe we should just call it a night," Gabriella suggested, concern etched in her voice as she helped Carina steady herself.

Andrea nodded in agreement, his own stomach churning at the sight. "Yeah, Carina, you're in no condition to be out right now," he said, his tone firm but gentle. "Let's get you home and go out another night."

Carina groaned weakly, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand. "I'm sorry, guys," she murmured, her voice hoarse. "I just feel so awful."

Andrea offered her a reassuring smile. "It's okay, Carina. We'll take care of you," he said, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

Gabriella nodded in agreement, her expression sympathetic. "Yeah, we'll make sure you're feeling better in no time," she said, her voice filled with determination.

As Carina continued to retch, her stomach finally emptying, she began to feel a sense of relief wash over her. "I think I'm okay now," she said weakly, straightening up and taking a deep breath.

Andrea couldn't help but chuckle, despite the situation. "Well, Carina, that was an expensive night if you're already ditching your food like this," he joked, trying to lighten the mood.

Carina managed a weak laugh, her spirits lifting slightly. "Yeah, tell me about it," she replied, her voice still shaky.

After Carina finished vomiting and wiped her mouth, she straightened up, a determined look in her eyes. "I think I'm actually okay now," she announced, her voice stronger.

Andrea and Gabriella exchanged hesitant glances, unsure whether it was wise to continue their night out after Carina's episode. But Carina's insistence and newfound energy convinced them to proceed.

"Alright, let's get a new taxi," Andrea said, helping Carina to her feet. "But if you start feeling sick again, we're taking you straight home."

Carina nodded eagerly, a grateful smile spreading across her face. "Thank you, guys," she said, her voice filled with relief. "I promise I'll be fine."