Chapter 6

Maya arrived home to her palatial penthouse, where the air was always filled with the comforting aroma of home-cooked meals and the sound of soft music playing in the background. Ella, her trusted personal assistant, greeted her with a warm smile as she entered.

"Good evening, Ms. Bishop," Ella said, her eyes lighting up at Maya's arrival. "How was your day?"

"Hey, Ella," Maya replied, her voice filled with gratitude. "It was hectic, as usual. But coming home to your smiling face always makes everything better."

Ella returned Maya's smile, her presence a calming force in the bustling city. "Thank you, Maya. I try my best," she said modestly. "Now, let's talk about dinner. I've prepared a three-course meal for you and your guests tonight."

Maya's interest piqued at the mention of dinner. "What's on the menu?" she asked eagerly.

"For starters, we have a refreshing watermelon and feta salad drizzled with a tangy citrus dressing," Ella began, her culinary expertise evident in her description. "Followed by a mouthwatering main course of herb-crusted rack of lamb served with garlic mashed potatoes and sautéed green beans. And for dessert, a decadent chocolate lava cake with a raspberry coulis."

Maya's stomach rumbled in anticipation as Ella described the delectable dishes. "That sounds amazing, Ella. Thank you," Maya said with genuine appreciation. "I'll go freshen up, and then I'll join you in the kitchen."

With a grateful nod, Maya disappeared into her luxurious bedroom to unwind and prepare for the evening ahead, leaving Ella to work her culinary magic in the spacious kitchen of their stunning penthouse.

Emerging from her shower, Maya found herself faced with the familiar dilemma of what to wear for the evening. With a quick glance at the clock, she made her way to her walk-in closet, where Ella was meticulously organizing her wardrobe.

"Ella, do you mind helping me pick out an outfit for tonight?" Maya asked, her voice echoing in the spacious closet.

"Of course, Maya. I'd be happy to assist," Ella replied, her warm smile never faltering.

Maya described her vision for the evening: a sleek and sophisticated ensemble that exuded effortless elegance. Ella nodded in understanding, her keen eye already scanning the racks for the perfect pieces.

After a few moments of deliberation, Ella presented Maya with a pair of tailored black trousers, their clean lines accentuating Maya's statuesque frame. Paired with a crisp white blouse, the ensemble exuded timeless sophistication.

"And for shoes?" Maya inquired, her gaze falling on a pair of Alexander McQueen sneakers nestled among her collection.

"These would be perfect," Ella confirmed, her confidence unwavering as she handed Maya the designer sneakers.

With a nod of approval, Maya slipped into her chosen outfit, the monochromatic palette complementing her classic style.

"Thank you, Ella. You have impeccable taste," Maya remarked, her gratitude evident in her smile.

"It's my pleasure, Maya. You always look stunning," Ella replied, her eyes sparkling with pride.

As Maya stepped out of the shower, she caught Ella stealing a glance and couldn't help but tease her. "Ella, don't stare at me like that. Good thing your husband isn't here, or he'd be jealous!"

Ella chuckled and shook her head. "I'm way too old for you, Ms. Bishop. Plus, you keep your love life very private. I never see anyone around."

With a mischievous grin, Maya quipped back, "Good, that means you're safe. Besides, you've been happily married for 20 years!"