AFTERWARD

AFTERWARD

And here comes a super sappy note…

This book wouldn’t be in existence if not for two very important people in my life. As someone who severely lacks self-esteem, I’ve had so many moments of doubt on this journey as an author. The more stories I write, the more that doubt seems to fester. Which is obviously not a fun thing. But it has motivated me to get serious about my mental health, something I like to promote in my books.

Honestly, if not for the support of my husband and my best friend/alpha/beta/proofreader/everything, I would have definitely given up by now. They’ve withstood my wallowing, meltdowns, and depression and somehow still want some sort of relationship with me. Mad respect for their patience. And mad respect for their ability to be firm with me and enforce boundaries when I’m clearly not capable of taking care of myself or recognizing my limitations. True MVPs.

I have to send love to my editor, Sarah, too. Thank you for being so professional, reliable, and flexible with me. Thank you for the entertaining conversations and for talking me off ledges with my stories when I’m spiraling out.

Of course I have to thank my betas: Stacey, Rebecca, Wendy, Nattie, KJ Harrowick, Jenise, Cheyenne, Kersten, and Theresa. What a list of wonderful people! Thank you for the early encouragement, notes, and support. I cannot put into words how much I appreciate you.

Also, I just wanted to thank everyone for reading my work and sharing the love when my stories hit right. I’ve found such a great community among readers. It’s everything an author dreams of.