Chapter 20

Ang enerhiya ng mga tao ay patuloy na nag-aalab sa hangin habang bumababa kami sa entablado, ang aming mga puso'y kumakabog mula sa nakakapagpasiglang kasiyahan ng pagtatanghal. Ngunit sa gitna ng dagat ng palakpakan at sigawan, may isang nakakayamot na eksenang kumikiliti sa aking damdamin—the sight of Zavier surrounded by a group of fan girls, their adoring gazes and flirtatious giggles piercing through the euphoria of our successful performance.

I tried to shake off the feeling of unease, reminding myself that Zavier was charismatic and charming, qualities that naturally drew people to him. But as I watched him effortlessly engaging with the girls, a twinge of jealousy crept into my heart, stirring up a storm of conflicting emotions.

Suppressing a sigh, I forced a smile and made my way over to join the group, attempting to mask the point bubbling beneath the surface. But with each playful comment and lingering touch, the jealousy alive at me, threatening to unravel the body of composure I had been crafted.

I knew I had no right to feel this way—Zavier wasn't mine to possess, and I had no claim over him. Yet, despite my rationalizations, the sight of him being showered with attention from other girls stirred up a jar of insecurities that I struggled to contain.

As the fan girls continued to vow for his affections, I felt like a mere bystander in my own story, a silent observer to a scene that filled me with a cocktail of envy and self-doubt. Each flirtatious exchange, each lingering glance, felt like a dagger to my heart, a reminder of my own inadequacies and uncertainties.

But amidst the issue, there was also a flicker of longing—a desire to be the one by his side, the one who elicited that sparkle in his eyes and that smile on his lips. It was a selfish yearning, born out of my own insecurities and fears, but it was a yearning nonetheless, one that tugged at the corners of my soul with an undeniable force.

As the last of the fangirls drifted away, leaving Zavier and me in the aftermath of their adoration, I couldn't shake the residual unease that lingered in the air. It was as if a cloud of insecurity had settled over me, casting a shadow on the euphoria of our successful performance.

Just as I attempted to compose myself, Casper come over, a mischievous grin playing on his lips as he caught sight of my troubled expression. "Well, well, well, look who's jealous," he teased, his voice laced with amusement.

I bristled at his words, my cheeks flushing with embarrassment as I attempted to brush off his teasing. "I-I'm not jealous," I protested weakly, my voice betraying the turmoil swirling inside me.

Casper raised an eyebrow, his expression skeptical as he glanced between Zavier and me. "Sure seems like it to me," he remarked, a playful glint in his eyes. "I mean, who wouldn't be jealous when they see the person they like surrounded by a gaggle of adoring fans?"

“Hindi ko siya gusto!” Tanggi ko.

I felt a surge of frustration rising within me, torn between the desire to defend myself and the sinking realization that perhaps Casper was right. Maybe there was a part of me that felt envious seeing Zavier effortlessly captivating the attention of others, knowing that I couldn't compete with the throngs of fangirls vying for his affections.

The room buzzed with post-performance excitement, laughter and conversation flowing as effortlessly as the music we had just played. I was basking in the afterglow of our successful gig, the adrenaline still pumping through my veins. But amidst the joyous chaos, I noticed Zavier and the rest of the band huddled together, exchanging knowing glances and hushed whispers that seemed to be about me. Their smirks were unmistakable, and I felt a sense of unease creeping into the corners of my mind.

"Do you need any water? It looked like you were getting pretty hot up there," Zavier teased, his eyes twinkling with mischief as he handed me a water bottle.