Chapter 27

The next morning, as I scrolled through my social media feed, I was taken aback by what I saw. Posts and comments flooded my notifications, all centered around me – Marguerite, the former vocalist of Ethereal Echoes.

I couldn't believe it. It seemed that someone had recognized me at the bar last night and shared their encounter online, sparking a flurry of speculation and excitement among fans. And as the news spread like wildfire, hashtags like #BringBackMarguerite and #EtherealEchoesReunion began trending, with fans clamoring for my return to the band.

Nang makita ko ang mga mensahe at mga komento mula sa mga tagahanga, hindi ko mapigilang maramdaman ang paghahalo ng saya at pangamba sa aking puso. Ang ideya ng pagbabalik sa Ethereal Echoes ay nakakapukaw ng mga alaala at pangarap na matagal ko nang iningatan sa aking puso.

But amidst the excitement, there was also a sense of unease gnawing at me. Some fans expressed their disappointment with the current state of the band, citing Liliana's perceived lack of approachability compared to me. Ang mga komento na ito ay nagpapalakas ng aking pangamba na ang isyu ay maaaring makaapekto sa popularidad ng banda.

I knew that I needed to tread carefully. While the idea of reuniting with Ethereal Echoes filled me with a sense of longing and nostalgia, I also didn't want to cause any rifts within the band or jeopardize their success. Ang mga tagumpay na kanilang tinatamasa ay hindi dapat masira dahil sa akin.

As I sat on the beach, the soft sound of waves crashing against the shore providing a soothing backdrop, I couldn't help but feel a sense of calm wash over me. The stress and chaos of my life seemed to fade away, if only for a moment, as I breathed in the salty air and let the warmth of the sun envelop me.

Ngunit bigla akong napahinto nang makita ko ang mga pamilyar na mukha mula sa malayo. My heart skipped a beat as I realized that it was Ethereal Echoes – my former band – who had chosen the same beach for their getaway.

Panic surged through me as I scrambled to hide myself from view, desperate to avoid any unwanted encounters. I hide myself behind the tower sand, hoping to go unnoticed amidst the crowd of beachgoers.

Ngunit kahit gaano ko man gawin, hindi ko maiwasang maramdaman ang mga mata ng mga kasamahan ko sa band na nakatingin sa akin. It was as if their gaze bore into my soul, unraveling the carefully constructed walls I had built around myself.

As the day turned to evening, I thought I had successfully avoided any confrontation. But fate had other plans.

Nang bigla ko namang makita si Liliana, lumapit sa akin sa gitna ng mga tao, ang kanyang mukha ay pinupunasan ng galit at pagkabigo. "Marguerite!" she exclaimed, her voice cutting through the din of the crowd.

My heart raced as I braced myself for what was to come. Liliana's eyes bore into mine, her expression a mix of anger and accusation. "How dare you show your face here after everything that's happened?" she spat, her words laced with venom.

Before I could respond, she raised her hand and delivered a stinging slap across my cheek. Ang aming mga sigaw ay naipit sa mga huni ng dagat, ang aming alitan ay naglalaro sa hangin, ang aming galit ay sumabog sa buong karagatan.

I felt a surge of anger and humiliation rise within me, the sting of her slap echoing through my being. Why did she do that?

But before I could react, a familiar voice broke through the chaos. "Liliana, stop!"

I turned to see Zavier standing behind me, his expression a mix of concern and disappointment as he look at Liliana and to me. "What are you doing?" he demanded, his voice stern.

I stepped back, my anger momentarily forgotten as I turned to face Zavier.

"She's the reason why we're trending online," Liliana, exclaimed, her voice trembling with emotion.