THE BENDERS

LIVING ROOM-HOUSE

Sam, Dean, Rachel, and Nathan are dressed as sheriffs. They are talking to a boy and his mother.

MRS. MCKAY: I know you're just doing your job, but the police have been here all week already. I don't see why we have to go through this again. The more he tells the story, the more he believes it's true.

Rachel: Mrs. McKay, we know you spoke with the local authorities.

Nathan: But, uh, this seems like a matter for the state police, so....

Sam: Don't worry about how crazy it sounds, Evan.

Dean: You just tell us what you saw.

Evan: I was up late, watching TV. When I heard this weird noise.

Sam: What did it sound like?

Evan: It sounded like....a monster.

The four exchanges a look with each other

MRS. MCKAY: Tell the officers what you were watching on TV.

Evan: Godzilla Vs. Mothra.

Rachel smiles.

Rachel: That's my favorite Godzilla movie. It's so much better than the original, huh?

Evan: Totally.

Rachel: Yeah.

She nods towards Sam

Rachel: He likes the remake.

Evan: Yuck!

Sam glares at Rachel and clears his throat. Rachel smirks

Dean: Evan, did you see what this thing was?

Evan: No. But I saw it grab Mr. Jenkins. It pulled him underneath the car.

Nathan: Then what?

Evan: It took him away. I heard the monster leaving. It made this really scary sound.

Rachel: What did it sound like, Evan?

Evan: Like this...whining growl.

The four hunters exchange another look.

Sam: Thanks for your time.

BAR-NIGHT

Sam is having a beer at the table doing research. Dean is throwing darts nearby. Nathan and Rachel comes out of the bathroom holding hands

Dean: What were you two doing in there?

Sam: You know damn well what they were doing, Dean.

Nathan gives them a look and Rachel rolls her eyes as they sit down beside each other. Nathan slings his arm around her.

Nathan: So whatcha you got?

Sam: So, local police have now ruled out foul play. Apparently, there are worse signs of a struggle.

Rachel: Well, they could be right, it could just be a kidnapping. Maybe this isn't our kind of gig.

Sam: Yeah, maybe not. Except for this—Dad marked the area

Dean walks over to the table as Sam slides the journal across the table.

Sam: Possible hunting grounds of a phantom attacker.

Dean: Why would he even do that?

Sam: Well, he found a lot of local folklore about a dark figure that comes out at night. Grabs people, then vanishes. He found this too—this county has more missing persons per capita than anywhere else in the state.