Breakfast

Mark pulled into the school parking lot and parked right next to Jason, Shawn's older brother.
We were there 20 minutes early.
Jason and Mark are talking about tryouts today. They were talking about how there is one really good freshman.
"Alex?" I ask. Alex is one of my best friends from childhood. He is a good football player and amazing baseball player. We played on the same select team last year.
"How do you know him?" Asked Jason
"He's one of my best friends" I reply.
I make eye contact with Shawn who is in the front seat of his brothers car. I smile at him and he smiles back. They both keep talking and Shawn texts me.
Text from Shawn:
Looks like you are really having the time of your life over there!
Text to Shawn:
I am! is it that obvious?
Text from Shawn:
Yes it really is. meet me in the front of the parking lot in 3 minutes.

I look up and make eye contact with him. I say bye to my brother and give him a hug then I wave to Jason and Shawn. About a minute later Shawn pops out of his brothers car and walks to the front of the parking lot.
"Sorry about that, it's just that your brother doesn't want you with me and we couldn't both leave together." said Shawn.
"Don't be sorry, it was a smart idea" I said.
There were 14 minutes until school started. Me and Shawn start walking towards the school. Right as we finished crossing the street, I got a text from my brother.
Text from Mark:
Get back to the car, I'm not dumb I know you are with Shawn. I told you to stay away from him.
I tell Shawn that my brother needs me back at the car and I start walking. I get why he doesn't want me with Shawn but people do change! I get back to the car and sit down. 10 more minutes till school starts.
"What class do you have first?" Said Mark
"I have gym" I said.
"Good you can miss it, were going out to breakfast because we have to talk to you about some thing." said Mark
"We? And I'll get in trouble if I skip gym." I said
Mark pointed to the backseat and Jason was sitting there.
"You will be back in time for the end of gym and me and Jason will walk you to the gym and talk to coach Adam for you" Mark said
"Ok as long as I don't get in trouble."
We pull out of the parking lot and drive to Macarthy's, a breakfast place down the street. We walk in and order. I get apple juice and the boys get coffee. We order a 8 stack of chocolate chip pancakes to share.
"Sara, I just want the best for you and I don't want you to just be on a list of girls that Shawn has been with." said Mark
"I agree" said Jason "He is my little brother and I also want the best for him but he doesn't deserve someone as good as you."
They start telling me about how he doesn't treat girls nicely and that he just uses them.
"Are you kidding me?? He has been nothing but nice to me!" I said
"Ya that's how he gets them, he's all nice and charming then he uses you and then leaves you and never talks to you again." said Jason.
They started telling me more about him and lots of stories about him. A lot of them were about him at parties with girls. Hearing it from his brother kind of changed my perspective because he wasn't even trying to defend him.
SHAWNS POV
All I want to do is get to know Sara better. I want the privilege of being her friend and even being her boyfriend. She makes me feel different. She motivates me to change.