The News

"I'm sorry Sara, but girls can't play baseball." The words sounded like nails on a chalk board. I looked at the athletic director in disgust and walked out of the room into the hallway. I saw my best friend Kiera down the hallway and ran to catch up with her.
"Hey Kiera!" I said
"Hey Sara!! How'd the meeting with the athletic director go?" She asked
"Not good, he told me I can't play because I'm a girl" I said.
"That's bull crap you're probably better than half the team." she said as we both laughed.
"Hi Kiera!" Said Shawn. Shawn is the sophomore catcher for the varsity baseball team, and let me tell you, is VERY easy on the eyes.
"Hey Shawn!" Said Kiera "You remember Sara right?"
"How could I forget." said Shawn
"What would you say if she asked you if she could try out for the baseball team?"
Shawn looked me up and down.
"You play baseball?" He said with a small grin on his face.
"Ya, short stop" I said
"And who told you that you can't play?" Said Shawn
"The athletic director did." I said.
"Bullshit" Shawn said slamming his locker door shut.
The bell rang and me and Kiera walked to geometry.
"Look at you two, cutting it close on time, you're lucky you made it on time" said Mr.B our geometry teacher. He started writing on the board as we opened our notebooks for notes. 50 minutes went by and the bell rang signaling the end of the school day. I went up to my locker and got my books and backpack.
"So what's the news?" My other best friend Alex asked me.
"I can't play because I'm a girl" I answered
"Wow, thought it was the 21st century" he said
"Well girls can't play baseball, they'd suck." I hear from behind Alex's locker. It was his locker neighbor, Connor.
"She is better than you so shut up" said Alex while pushing Connor.
"Im sorry it's the truth" replied Connor.
Shawn walks up and puts him against the lockers.
"What did you just say?"
"Nothing" Connor said nervously
"You sure? I'm pretty sure that you just said that girls can't play baseball cause they'd suck at it." said Shawn
"Well.....um... yeah..uh I kinda did"
"Well um ya uh they kinda DONT and Sara is  better than you would ever be so shut your mouth" said Shawn.
"Ok" said Connor.
Shawn let him go and Connor ran away.
"Thanks Shawn" I said
"No problem, that kid was wrong in saying that." said Shawn.
"Not according to the athletic director." I said
We both laughed a little. We started walking down the stairs and all of the girls were all over Shawn saying hi and asking him a million questions. I started laughing to myself as we walked on down the stairs.
"What you laughing at babe?" said Shawn
"Just the way that they throw them selves at you." I said
"Well I mean like, I'm the catcher so it's my job to catch things that are thrown at me" said Shawn
I hit him in the arm and we both laughed.
"I guess someone's a little jealous" said Shawn
"I'm not jealous, I just think it's kinda funny." we got to the bottom of the stairs and we started walking for the student parking lot.
"Wait why are you going to the student parking lot? You drive?" Asked Shawn
"No, I drive with my brother Mark. You know him, right?" I said
Shawn stopped for a second
"Wait mark is your brother??" Shawn asked in shock
"Yes he is" I said
He shook it off and we started walking again. We entered the student parking lot. I started making my way towards my brothers car and Shawn started going to his.
"Bye" I said " oh and thanks again"
"Bye Sara, and no problem" said Shawn.
I opened the door and Mark was already in there.
"What the hell are you doing with Shawn?" Said Mark
"I don't know, we're kinda friends now."
I said
"Well just incase you forgot he's my friend" said Mark with a bit of an attitude.
"I know, but since when was I not allowed to talk to your friends?" I said while snapping on my seat belt.
"Whatever just stay away from him" Mark said as he started driving.
"How'd the meeting go?" Asked Mark
"I'm not allowed to play" I said.
"Seriously? That's crazy and unfair." said Mark
"I know" I said as I dropped back into the seat.

SHAWNS POV
"Shit" I whispered opening my car door.
I finally make a move on Sara and find out that Mark is her older brother. I knew mark had a younger sister, and I knew Sara had an older brother, but I never put 2 and 2 together
Text to Mark:
Sorry man

I didn't know she was your sister

Sorry
Text from Mark:
Dude! She's my little sister stay away from her! I know how you are with girls. You play them and you're not playing my sister.