𝟬𝟬𝟰. wine god

•·

•·.·𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗢𝗧𝗧𝗘 𝗢'𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡·.·•

the french man threw off his coat, and transformed, his hands were like lions claws, he had a spiky tail.

my hand went to percy's arm, seeking any sort of comfort, he looked at me, only for a moment.

"excellent," the french man said. he glanced at the man in the mist. "alone without any real help. wonderful."

"you could ask for help," the man in the mist muttered. "you could say please."

zoë readied her arrows. grover lifted his pipes. thalia raised her shield, and I noticed a tear running down her cheek. percy grabbed my hands on his arm, moving me so i was fully behind him.

"please, mr d," percy muttered. "help."

nothing happened.

the french monster grinned. "spare the daughter of zeus. she will join us soon enough. kill the others."

the men raised their guns, and something strange happened. you know how you feel when all the blood rushes to your head, like if you hang upside down and turn right-side up too quickly? there was a rush like that all around me, and a sound like a huge sigh. the sunlight tinged with purple. i smelled grapes and something more sour - wine.

SNAP!

it was the sound of many minds snapping at the same time. madness. one guard put his pistol between his teeth like he was a dog and the gun was a bone, he started running around on all fours. two other dropped their guns and started waltzing with each other. the fourth started dancing which looked like irish clogging. it would've been funny if it wasn't so horrifying.

"no! i will deal with you myself!" the french monster screamed. his tail bristled, but the planks under his paws erupted into grapevines that immediately began wrapping round the monster's body, sprouting new leaves and clusters of green baby grapes that ripened in seconds as the manticore shrieked, until he was engulfed in a huge mass of vines, leaves and full clusters of purple grapes. finally the grapes stopped shivering, and i had a feeling that somewhere inside there, the man was no more.

truth be told that was my last straw, i was done with today, i silently prayed that the day would be over, that i'd wake up in my bed, besides my mom in our hotel room and everything would be okay, but i knew that wasn't going to happen.

"well" said the man in the mist, closing his refrigerator. "that was fun."

"how could you ... how did you-" percy asked confused.

"such gratitude," he muttered. "the mortals will come out of it. too much explaining to do if i made their condition permanent. i hate writing reports to father?" he stared resentfully at thalia. were they related? "i hope you learned your lesson, girl. it isn't easy to resist power, is it?" thalia blushed as if she were ashamed.