𝟬𝟬𝟴. this is how you needed me

•·

•·.·𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗢𝗧𝗧𝗘 𝗢'𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡·.·•

we almost made it to the top of the mountain, percy held my hand the entire way.

there were ruins, blocks of black granite and marble as big as houses. broken columns. statues of bronze that looked as though they'd been half melted.

"the ruins of mount othrys," thalia whispered in awe.

"yes," zoë said. "it was not here before. this is bad."

"what's mount othrys?" percy asked.

"the mountain fortress of the titans," zoë said. "in the first war, olympus and othrys were the two rival capitals of the world. othrys was-" she winced and held her side.

"you're hurt," i said. "let me take a look?"

"no! it is nothing. i was saying ... in the first war, ohrys was blasted to pieces."

"but ... how is it here?" i asked. "isn't greek mythology stuff suppose to be in... i don't know greece?"

nobody answered me, but percy squeezed my hand in a way of saying 'i'll tell you later'.

thalia looked around cautiously as we picked our way through the rubble, past blocks of marble and broken archways. "it always exists on the edges of civilisation. but the fact that's it is here, on this mountain, is not good."

"why?" percy asked.

"this is atlas's mountain," zoë said. "where he holds-" she froze. her voice was ragged with despair. "where he use to hold up the sky."

we kept digging through the rubble when suddenly percy stopped me.

"stay here." he told me, i scrunched my eyebrows confused.

"no, i'm coming to help, you said you need me."

"and you've done great, but it's dangerous, you might not even be a half-blood, i don't know, either way you haven't gotten the proper training. i don't want you to hurt yourself."

"you're kidding me right?" i said. thalia and zoë turned around clearly catching wind of our argument. "you dragged me here to have me sit on the side of a mountain? i'm suppose to be with my mom right now percy-"

"i know i'm sorr-"

"stop it." i cut him off, "you dragged me from hoover dam to san francisco without as much as an explanation. everytime i try to ask you anything all i get in return is 'long story'. i'm done percy. why would you drag me here if you had no intention of letting me help you-" i wanted to say more but thalia cut me off.