𝟬𝟬𝟲. the boy

•·

•·.·𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗢𝗧𝗧𝗘 𝗢'𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡·.·•

i was in me and my moms apartment, my mom was sat on the kitchen table which was cluttered with the usual, bills, junk mail, magazines etc. outside the window i could see it was pitch black, like it was the middle of the night. the light that hung on the kitchen ceiling was dim, and the bulb kept flickering, like it was about to go out. she seemed younger, only by a few years. she had a mug in front of her, the mug i made her in school when i was 10. "YOU ARE THE BEST MOMMY!" it read in big red letters, a picture i had painted of us underneath. one of her hands was holding the handle, while the other she used to rub at her head.

she closed her eyes and folded her hands together as if she was praying, i could see her lips moving silently, she waited but nothing happened. she sighed, placing both hands on the table. "please." she whispered.

"the agreement was no contact." a man from behind me spoke, his voice held such darkness and power. my mom let out a little gasp at the voice turning to face it. getting a good look at her face she seemed exhausted, her eyes were puffy and red like she'd been up crying all night.

i tried to turn around to see who was speaking, but i couldn't, it was like i was getting held in place.

"i think it's him." she spoke. "she saw him, the boy."

"you promised you'd keep her safe!" the man yelled behind me. my mom quickly got up shushing him, walking over to my bedroom door.

"she's sleeping." she whispered closing my door tight.

the man stayed quiet for a second before speaking up again "she's in there?"

"yes, sleeping, so being quiet." she sighed sitting back down at the table rubbing her head, her leg bounced up and down, she was nervous. "she got kicked out of school. she came home today, told me about this boy who pushed someone in a fountain. she says he claims he didn't."

she was talking about when percy pushed nancy into the fountain at yancy.

"that's not enough." he decided.

"she says everyone thought he was crazy, he saw things, creatures. she didn't say anything to anyone but she saw them to, she thought they were both hallucinating. is that enough for you?"