CHAPTER - 16

❀AYUSHI❀

❀AYUSHI❀

The first thing that caught my attention as I entered inside the house, was the sight of a middle-aged woman sitting on the coach and surveying each and every corner of the house. Well it was none other than my so-called Ruchika mashi.

As her gaze shifted to me, a fake smile appeared on her lips. "Oh my God Ayu, how big you have become! You were so small when I saw you the last time!"

I just gave a nod with a forceful smile. Does she expect me to stay small like her mindset for my entire life? Am I shinchan that I'll stay 5 years old for the rest of my life?

Then, her eyes started surveying my face in order to find any flaw in it. So that she can make fun of it. Yeah, that's what she likes to do. Making fun of people and judging people. Finally, after a few minutes of her professional survey, she said "You used to be so pretty back then, but what has happened to you now, Ayu? So many pimples? Also, dark circles? Don't you do skin care?"

Bitch!
Bitch!
Bitch!

"Yes Mashi of course I do skin care" I said in a sarcastic tone. Just for the sake of ma I'm still controlling myself. Ma warned me clearly before their arrival to not disrespect them, I'm just following her warning cause if I don't then she will kick me out of the house.

"Actually Ruchika, it's all because of her busy life schedule you know. She barely gets time to do extensive skin care things!" Ma said with a big smile.

"So what, Asha? My daughter is also very busy, but she still has very good skin. She always does skin care. She can skip her meals, but not her skin care routine. Probably your Ayu has bad skin, you know." My so-called Ruchika mashi replied in a judgy tone.

Can I apply cello tape over her mouth for once? She is judging too much now. Aren't pimples a normal thing? Moreover, I have pimples on my own skin, then why is she the one to have problems with them? I just have two or three pimples and the dark circles under my eyes are the absolute representation of my fucked up sleeping schedule.

And then came her dear daughter, Shreya, from upstairs with a broad smile as if she had seen something. She really had clear skin, as her mother said. Not even a single pimple was present on her face. No wonder she had always been pretty since childhood, and she still is.

"Ayushi, who is that handsome guy that dropped you off?" She asked with a shy smile. Is she talking about Aryan? Obviously, she is talking about him. He is the one who dropped me off here, and he's quite handsome, too. But how does she know this? Is she spying on me?

"He is my friend"

"Friend or boyfriend, Ayushi?" My so-called  Ruchika mashi asked with a cheeky chuckle.

"we are just friends."

"Ayu, who is the guy they are about?" Ma asked me.

"Well, I missed the last bus while returning home from the supermarket and Aryan was also there so he gave me a lift." I explained the whole thing to ma.