CHAPTER - 22

❀AUTHOR'S POV❀

❀AUTHOR'S POV❀

Aryan and Harsh stood facing each other, their eyes locked in a fierce stare. The tension between them seemed great enough to begin World War three.

The intense staring session between them was finally broken as Ayushi entered the scene. Like synchronized puppets, both heads turned in her direction, their eyes locking onto her as she began to speak.

"I just came from the rooftop, and there was a total thunderstorm out there! Harsh, I don't think you'll get any buses in this weather, especially at this late hour - it's 11 pm! So why don't you just stay here tonight?" Ayushi suggested after coming from the rooftop.

Aryan's eyes widened in disbelief as he looked at Ayushi after hearing her words. His face was laced with shock and disapproval at the suggestion that Harsh should stay there overnight.

Shooking his head in denial, Harsh began to speak "It's okay Ayu, I'll manage-".

Ayushi interrupted him midway saying "Harsh, I can't let you go out in this weather condition. It's thundering heavily, and it'll be very unsafe to go outside right now. Besides, I don't even have my car to drop you home safely. So it's better for you to stay here tonight."

"But" Harsh hesitated again about the idea of staying there.

Hearing them, Ayushi's mother came from the kitchen after completing the kitchen chores "No but Harsh beta! Just stay here tonight, and it's not like you are staying here for the first time. Remember in your childhood you, Ayu and Divya used to do sleepovers at our house?"

"Yes Harsh, ma is absolutely right! You have been to our house so many times, so why are you so hesitant? And moreover, tomorrow is Sunday, so you won't have any problems either."

"Since you are all saying so much, then fine I'll stay here tonight." After a lot of hesitations, he was finally convinced.

Aryan smacked his forehead as he shook his head in disappointment. "This is not good. This is not good at all." He muttered under his breath, his tone laced with unhappiness due to Harsh's decision of staying there.

"That's like a good boy!" Ayushi's mother remarked with a smile and added "Okay good night to three of you. I'll head to my room now." With that, Ayushi's mother bid them goodbye and went to her room to sleep. She is a paragon of discipline and consistency, always prioritising her health and sleep schedule, no matter what chaos might be unfolding elsewhere in the household.

"Aryan and Harsh today you two have to share the room." This single sentence from Ayushi's mouth was enough to make their jaw drop on the ground.

"WHAT?!" Both Aryan and Harsh nearly shouted after hearing that.

"I said that you two will share the room for tonight." Ayushi emphasised each and every word slowly so that it could get into their slow-working brains.