CHAPTER - 23

❀AYUSHI❀

❀AYUSHI❀

After a refreshing eight hours of sleep, I woke up feeling revitalized and energized. I sprang out of bed with ease, ready to tackle the day with a clear mind. The restful night's sleep had worked like absolute magic, and I was feeling fully refreshed, ready to take on whatever the day had in store for me.

As I made my way out of my room, I saw Harsh getting out of the guest room being totally ready, looking sharp in his outfit and with a confident smile on his face. He was holding a sandwich with his one hand and scrolling through his phone with his other hand.

Yesterday, when I woke up at 4 or 5 am to refill my water bottle in the kitchen, I had unlocked the guest room's door. Although I had no intention of locking them in the room, I had to do so because they were being very stubborn. Last night, I was too exhausted to continue trying to persuade them to stay together, so I had no choice but to lock them in.

Noticing me, he lowered down his phone and looked at me plastering a sweet smile. "All done huh?" I asked playfully.

He nodded, his smile still appearing on his face. "Yes, all done! Just gotta finish this sandwich and leave." He showed the sandwich and took a bite.

I chuckled lightly at his antics and added "You could have done the lunch here and then leave."

"No Ayu, I have a ton of work waiting for me at home. I need to finish everything today, as I won't have any free time for the rest of the week. Sunday is my only day to tackle all my household chores and personal tasks, so I'm going to get them all done!"

"Fine, as you say." I shrugged. "By the way Harsh, Aryan has not woken up yet?"

He shook his head. "That lunatic is sleeping like kumbhkaran. I highly doubt if he is going to wake up today."

"I'll go wake him up, you better sit down and eat your sandwich. You're literally wandering around with it!" I suggested, and he nodded in agreement.

As I entered the room, the first thing I saw was Aryan's sleeping figure on the bed. He was lying peacefully, unaware of my presence, and his gentle snores filled the air.

"Aryan" I called out his name, but he was so deeply engrossed in sleep that he didn't stir or respond, completely lost in his slumber.

"Wake up, Aryan!" I shook him by his shoulder to rouse him. He slowly opened his sleepy eyes, his gaze blurry. "Five more minutes" he mumbled, his voice husky with sleep, and pulled the blanket back over his head.

"Harsh was absolutely right! You're truly a kumbhkaran. Now, come on, get up!"

"Ayushi please five minutes more"

"No, no more five minutes, Aryan! Get up already! It's 9 AM. Are you planning to sleep for the whole day huh? Come on, wake up!"

With a sleepy yawn, Aryan finally woke up and sat on the bed, rubbing his eyes vigorously, as if he had another pair of eyes. He then zoned out, his gaze unfocused, as if his brain was struggling to process the sudden transition from his dreamland to reality.