CHAPTER - 17

❀AYUSHI❀

❀AYUSHI❀

The day I had been waiting for finally arrived. Today is Sunday. I get to do all of my favorite things on Sundays, so it's no wonder why Sundays are my absolute favorite day of the week. Otherwise, my work always keeps me occupied all the time.

I'm going out with Divya this evening, so today's day is a really special one. Our last outing together was so long ago. Each of us has a full schedule at work. Being an adult is difficult, isn't it?

I sometimes wish I could just travel back in time to my teenage years, when everything was so simple. I long for those priceless times. But in life, changes tend to happen. Therefore, our only choice is to accept things as they are.

I dressed for the evening by donning ankle-length jeans and a sky blue coloured kurti. I applied a pink lipstick to my lips and a tiny bindi to my forehead. I finished the look with a pair of jhumkas. In order to smell nice, I finished by spritzing some perfume on my wrist and neck.

Reaching out of my house, I leaped into my car and started driving towards one of the nearby movie theaters. After spending so many days in the service center, my car was finally back.

Well, we had already planned everything about what we were going to be doing. At first we will watch a movie and followed by that we are going to do our dinner together in any restaurant.

I arrived at the location a few minutes ahead of Divya. So I waited for her by sitting on one of the benches in front of the movie theater.

It was already 6 o'clock, so the brightness of the sky was swallowed by darkness. With its ethereal glow, the full moon emerged. It was encircled by millions of brilliantly shining stars. The sky appeared incredibly captivating.

In a matter of minutes, Divya also showed up. She arrived and with the brightest smile hurried over to me.

"Ayuuuuuuuu" She came and pulled me into a warm hug "Did I make you wait?"

"No, absolutely not Divi. I just came here five minutes ago."

"Thank God I didn't make you wait for long. Now let's go inside or else the movie will start and we will keep talking here."

Letting out a short chuckle I said "You're right Divi cause once we start conversing there's no end of it."

After that, we entered the theater to watch Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, one of our all-time favorite films. I have a very special place in my heart for this movie. We will never grow tired of watching this, no matter how many times we watch it.

When this movie came out in 2013, I still recall being in my 12th grade class. Our parents were literally annoyed to no end by our insatiable desire to watch it. Nonetheless, they finally granted us permission after a long session of convincing. Therefore, we both went to see that movie on the day of our class 12 farewell.