Beach Episode | May 31, 2024

Woah they're catching up to us.

And yeah!! Beach episode!!

And sunset chapter :)))))

(For those who don't know me I looooove sunset chapters haha)

I've come to the realization that maybe this story is a lil too focused on plot, so I wanna take a happy moment before plot kicks in again.

I went through a phase where I thought that every single conversation had to be plot based, but I'm out of that now, as I'm going through character development and relearning that characters should be allowed to talk about whatever. Yes, there should be a balance between plot and no plot conversations, but the existence of one does not threaten the other, and both are needed for a story to move and for the characters/audience to breathe.

It feels a little odd going right into a beach episode right after what just happened, but hey. I think we all need it.

Enjoy! :)

-----------------------------------------------------

Things have been slow recently as they've been waiting for the summer. Every other week or every third week they've been creating advertisements for The Reunion as they're calling it, posting them everywhere both virtually and physically.

They've just finished putting up posters. Now they're lazing about in Race and Spot's cat café.

Jack is reading the headlines of the cat-themed headlines Spot and Race created. He loves them so much. Right now he's going through one from April 10th.

"Today is the 177th birthday of the Maine Coon tycoon Joseph Mewlitzer," Jack reads aloud, laughing. "Here is a picture of his grave. He is a prime example that not every cat gets nine lives." He looks up at Race, still laughing. "These are incredible."

"Thanks." Race smirks. "Turn the page and read the headline."

Jack turns the page. "Kitten born with two heads."

Jack and Race make eye contact and say together perfectly in sync: "must be from Brooklyn."

Boots and Crutchy start laughing, as Spot huffs and rolls his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, it must be from Brooklyn." Under his breath he mutters. "you'd have thought that this joke would've become obsolete in 1899."

As always, Race hears him. "Aw come on, tesoro. It's funny." He grins. "Besides, this joke has nine lives. I mean, eight now I think since it first died in 1899, but still."

"Do you ever have Warrior Cats related headlines?" Boots asks curiously. He's been here for a few months now, and Race introduced him to the Warriors series, which he absolutely loves.

Race's eyes widen and he points at Boots. "Wonderful idea! Mamma mia, perchè non abbiamo pensato prima? Spot, it's a great idea! We can make parallels between the newsies and Pulitzer with the warrior cats! Which Dark Forest cat do you think Pulitzer is? Tigerclaw, Hawkfrost, or Brokenstar? Ooh! Or maybe Mudclaw! However that does imply that he used to be a part of the Clans before going evil--hold up wait he was an immigrant and immigrants aren't known for their money, so he started out as one of us and worked his way up..."

As Race continues to plan out the next newspaper, while pacing and gesticulating wildly, with Boots--and Crutchy, who also picked up the series--giving suggestions, Jack and David talk in a corner on bean bag chairs in the corner. An orange cat Race has nicknamed Stronzo Jack has made himself at home on Jack's lap. Race explains he was named Stronzo Jack because he has a habit of biting people; Jack doesn't know what stronzo means, it's probably derogatory, but Race says it so affectionately that Jack isn't entirely sure what to think.