Going back to the Hub

Zane was practicing with John, and was becoming a natural at using his powers. But one thing still scared him.

Zane POV: "is Aphmau ok? I haven't seen her in weeks, but I'm still scared for her." All he could think about was his friends, and it worried him that he wouldn't be able to be there to help them.

John: "is everything ok? You seem distracted.." John asks with a puzzled look.

Zane: "I'm fine, thanks. When will I be able to go back?" He says with aggression and annoyance, just wanting his old life back.

John: "well, I'd say any time now-" Zane cuts him off, talking very quickly.

Zane:"OkthanksI'llbegoingnowbye!" He says, before John catches him by the collar of his shirt.

John:"where do you think you're going?" He asks, annoyed that Zane was leaving all too quickly.

Zane: "you said I was ready (technically) so I was heading back to the hub." Zane explains, with less details then John would have liked, but he didn't question it.

John: "yes, I guess I did say that, but you have to wait." He says, trying to get him to stay longer.

Zane: "what? Why?" A befuddled Zane asks, and John just grins, as if he's won the lottery or something.

John: "because, you have to be ready to fight anything that attacks you." He said, clearly not aware that Zane was already prepared for almost anything at all.

Zane: "you don't want me to leave, do you?" Zane straight out asks, knowing the answer that he was gonna get, but he did have a backup plan just in case they wouldn't let him leave.

John:" well, no I guess..but be sensible! You'd be miserable down there with those HUMANS." John said, putting as much exaggeration on the word 'human' as possible.

Zane: "are you forgetful or just dumb? I lived with them for 25 YEARS of my life! Besides , I know what it's like down there, you don't." Zane retorts back, insulted that his dad dislikes humans.

John: "well, um, you still have to pick a place to land anyways so.." John makes up, though that lie didn't get him anywhere.

Zane: "I know the perfect place, so bye." Zane says with sass, because he knows how a lie sounds, mostly because he's gotten used to lie about stuff to himself anyway.