Zane's wings

Zane was just roaming around, waiting for something to happen or see someone new. He kept quiet about his powers though, even if it meant lying to his friends and family. No one really talked to him, but he really didn't mind it, he liked silence, though he was a little jealous of Gene, mostly because Kawaii Chan was dating him, but Zane didn't show it, like he was brought up to do.

Zane POV: "I still have to fix Ein's roof, but otherwise it's been a nice, peaceful -" Zane's thoughts were cut off by the one person he REALLY didn't want to see right now.

Gene: "hey Zane! I see your back. Why aren't you go with your brothers, and get lost?" He says with a slight annoyance in his voice. Zane just glares at him.

Zane: "Because, Gene, Garroth is with Vylad and are vacationing at the beach." Zane says with anger and hatred for Gene. Then, he suddenly feels something on his back, and with the look Gene gave him, he knew at that moment - his wings popped out.

Gene:"What the heck, dude?! When did you have WINGS!?" Gene says, surprised. Zane stays quiet for a while, then decided to not dwell on it, but tries to calm down Gene at the same time.

Zane:"um, I didn't think- well, that is, um, forever?" Zane said with a bit of question in his voice." Look, Gene, I'm as surprised as you are, but please don't tell anyone yet." He pleaded.

Gene:" Are you kidding me?! You want to hide these things from everyone? Why?" Gene says, obviously confused why Zane doesn't want anyone to see.

Zane: " look, I know you would be happy to have wings too, and you don't understand why I want to keep them a secret, but if these things aren't hidden, people could try and steal them off my back." Zane said, concerned. Gene loves attention, and Zane knew he could have just that, but Zane's real concern is that people will ask questions like, "so your adopted?" or, "how many lies are you telling us?", and Zane really didn't want to explain. Zane folded his wings back in, and sighed.

Zane:" look Gene, let's make a deal. You don't tell anyone about my wings, and I won't say anything about you seeing another girl to Kawaii Chan, ok?" Gene looked stunned.

Gene:" How do you know about that!?" He exclaims. Zane just ignored it and walked on, knowing that Gene would keep his side of the deal, as long as he knows about it.

Zane POV:"I need a place to stay, because Garroth will be asking too many questions, but where?" Then he sees Ein's house." Perfect."