Chapter 3

JESH

Getting up early isn't a problem for me; I always sleep early at night and wake up between 4 and 5 in the morning. However, once I'm awake, I can't go back to sleep.

It's currently 6 in the morning, and I've already finished my morning routines, except for breakfast.

Speaking of breakfast, I don't know how to cook, and I don't have any food here. I do know how to fry and cook rice, though. Looks like I'll be eating at a karenderya near my apartment again.

Lumabas ako ng apartment at kaagad na naglakad papunta sa pinakamalapit na karenderya para mag breakfast.

Nakarating ako ng campus by 6:30 and my class starts at 8. There aren't many students roaming around, and I bet I'm the first student in the Engineering department.

I saw a tree nearby and I immediately went there to continue reading the book I'm holding. I sat at the ground and leaned my back on the tree. And then I started reading peacefully.

I was already halfway through the book when I noticed a shadow suddenly covering the words I was reading.

I looked up and I saw him again, but he's smiling.

How many times do I have to see him? It's starting to get annoying at this point. Is he going to arrest me or something for what I did yesterday? Was that trespassing? Because that wouldn't be a good idea for me.

Tatayo na sana ako nang bigla niya akong pinigilan.

What the hell is his problem?

"Hi."

Hi? Nah! I'm not good at this thing.

What am I supposed to say as a form of response? Thank you?

"The name's Kharl Jakito Seran." He said and then he reached his hand at me.

Tiningnan ko iyon and then I looked at him again. I'm not really good at this. I'd rather faint right now than to respond.

Ibinaba niya 'yung kamay niya sabay napakamot sa ulo.

"Can I ask for your name instead?"

He looks friendly at all and I think he wants to be friends with me. But I'm not good at this and I've said it three times now, and I hate extroverted peeps. Also, I don't need friends.

"I heard you're the transferee from the Engineering department. It seems you haven't found any friends yet. We can be friends."

I don't like where this is going. I'd rather be alone and doing my shit than talking to him and be friends with.

"No."

Nakita ko siyang napalunok.

Okay, that seems rude. But can you blame me? I don't need friends and people like him annoys me the most.

"Bakit naman? Ayaw mo ba ng kaibigan?"

For the nth time mister, I don't need friends so back-off.

Sigh. If only I could say that to his face. That would be extremely rude and I don't want to hurt his feelings.

Tumayo nalang ako at nagpagpag sa pantalon ko. I grab my bag and went straight to my building.

Pero sinundan niya ako. Sigh.

Hindi ba siya nakakahalata na ayaw kong makipag-usap sa kanya?

Lord, huhuhu. Opposite na opposite kaming dalawa, ba't mo kami pinagtagpo?

"You haven't told me your name yet."

Fine! Maybe if I told him my name, lalayuan niya na ako.

"Yeshua." I said.