•♤• ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟 : 𝕋𝕦𝕣𝕟 𝕠𝕗 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕤 •♤•

SPOILERS for the next few chapters would be based of the flashback arc of the comic, that's why it took me a while to publish. Enjoy.

 .・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

 .・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

It was silence as both me and Ivan stared at Polakov. The sensation inside me still churn with uneasiness and I know I shouldn't be involved but I can't just let this play out. As I opened my mouth to speak, Ivan had beaten me first. 

Okay... maybe I'll just shut up for now. Not my time to shine yet. 

" Deal with him..? Wait, wait !" 

Ivan took a step to Polakov as he explained all the things that he had said before in the comic while I stayed there. Still silent like a statue. Polakov's mask twitched and my fingers held onto the side of my dress, that growing uneasiness of my gut continued to churn.

I know the comic well enough to figure it out that this would lead to utter chaos, but like I said reading and experiencing it is a whole different category. 

The room was cold and the atmosphere did it's job setting the mood. Both of them stood their grounds, making statements that held their reasons I can't explain it but everything is just so... alarming.

I'll admit I do well with combat and the like but seeing the atmosphere cold and thick while the rising actions of violence came made me draw back. 

Rising actions of violence... Polakov's hands clenching down to fists. Ivan and mine's uneasiness sky rocketed just by the sight of it.

Then Polakov took the chance to glance at me and for whatever reason it was, his gaze soften slightly before his fists unclench slowly. Weird..

"...Understood. I will not proceed without further evidence." 

He turned his back to us. I took a step forward.

" I will return to my duties."  Like hell you are. He muttered under his breath and I know damn well what he was saying through that mumbling.

Irritated - I don't know why I am- I took another step trying to hold Polakov back but Ivan held my shoulder.

His gaze soft but still was uneasy, he held me back almost like he was trying to calm me. 

I am not calm for whatever reason may it be.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

It was around eleven, nearing midnight when Paris came back. I had just came out of the attic with the new book in my hand. Damn Polakov, I couldn't read straight while my mind was running. I held back my own thoughts but since then it made a blasted migraine. 

Gah... I swear this clown is going to be the death of me. As I walked down the stairs, the lonesome puppet was there near the racks holding his cloak.