After only just a year in the Empire, I was one of Count Dooku's most trusted. I had been on several missions for him to assassinate different people on his wanted list. I couldn't ever get over how people would look at me with such fear. Some people would have the courage to speak up and yell at me, but I was informed to strike them down. The name Nevan Death became one of the most feared names of all. Power from fear rather than respect felt like a slimy coat that I couldn't take off.

I supposed it could be the same feeling with the pacifist so-called Mandalorians, but this felt different. I felt more respect in that than killing innocents.

I had arrived back from a mission, which was to carbon freeze Austus Wails and deliver his body to Dooku. Austus Wails, unlike me, who was given an apology for Vizsla's betrayal, he was an Imperial Super Commando. Though he didn't act like one, he was cowardly and often the butt of jokes. From the way the group talked, he was almost an outcast to them. He had dark hair with red punk like tips, and heavy blue eyes.

"I've brought the prisoner, Master." I tell him, my arms behind my back.

"Great. He's been hiding for quite some time after his fail. Unfreeze him." I went to unfreeze him, and when he finished thawing, he collapsed to the ground landing on his knees. People in the state were blinded for a short time.

"Dank farrik! Where am I? I can't see!" Austus was on his knees with his arms stuck out, "This can only mean one thing... I'm in hell. Finally, at peace." I rolled my eyes and kicked his back, which caused him to fall forward, catching himself with his hands.

"Get up!" I snapped at him.

"Shit, I am in hell!" He gets to his feet quick, holding his hands up in surrender, "I have Nevan Deaths voice to haunt me for eternity. Could be worse, I could have Count-"

"Shut it, boy!" Dooku snapped at him, almost yelled at him, "You were carbon-freezed! You failed to assassinate Senator Amidala, and now she has two Jedi protecting her. That Skywalker and Kenobi, Jedi scum." Count Dooku cringed for a moment, "You failed to do the one job you were born to do."

"Oh." Austus began to run but was stopped when he was met with a wall. I simply grabbed him by the shoulder and pulled him back to face Dooku. I watched as Dooku began to suffocate the boy. He collapsed to his knees yet again.

"Please-" He wheezed out, "I-I-"

"Dooku." Dooku stopped and looked at me confused from the way I said his name.

"Do you have an issue with what I must do?" He said it in his 'be-careful-what-you-say' tone of voice.

"I could use him on the mission we talked about." I stare deep into Dooku's eyes. Some weeks ago, he asked me about going on the inside, finding useful information about the Senator or Jedi. Or anybody, really. Dooku told me to do anything I could to find something. But it hadn't been planned out or brought to Darth Sidious's attention yet.

I saw some sympathy for Austus because I was in a similar situation once. I ran to avoid fighting for a cause led by the Empire. He ran because he failed the Empire. Both betrayals, both hiding to avoid being punished or killed.

"I spoke to Darth Sidious about the matter. He's approved it and has a way to get you in. But I don't think you want this scum around. He has a big mouth on him. He never shuts up and can't be trusted." Dooku tells me, but I look down at Austus, who looks helpless.

"I'll...take him under my wing..." It seemed painful to get out of my mouth, but I somehow managed. I didn't know why I was helping him out, just similar situations I supposed. He cracked a grin and stood up to his feet.

"I can't see you, but thank you, it's an honor." I hoped that I wouldn't live to regret this.

It took a few more weeks to get everything arranged in order for us to be able to get in. Jedi weren't fond of Mandalorians so we would both be going in as outcasts- but protectors specifically gifted by Senator Palpatine. A week before we were destined to spy on the Order and Senator, I was summoned by Count Dooku.

I was surprised to see Austus their was well. I assumed it was going to be about the mission, because Austus was lower on the ranks. It would be the longest and most difficult by far.

"I have two things to discuss with both of you. Names and armor. Nevan Death, you will go by Y/N Y/L/N. Austus Began will be yours. I also have a gift for the two of you." He mentioned armour and I was hoping for a shiny new set of beskar armour. He uncovers Y/F/C (your favorite color) beskar armor. It's shiny, new, and my favorite color.

"Thank you, sir." I was truly grateful for the gift, the faded blue wasn't going to get me anywhere. Austus admired his new set too. I immediately went to try it on after Dooku dismissed us.

It looked amazing on me, it fit perfectly snug. It was a lot cooler which overheating was typically a problem I had in the other suit. It was also a lot lighter which I enjoyed quite a bit. It was perfect.

Within just a week, I would be meeting the Jedi Order and Senator to take them down from the inside. They wouldn't see the betrayal coming.