Why?

(Another Fred POV and also TW: little angst!! I love yall please dont read if your not comfortable, this is mainly just a filler chapter <3)

When I escaped from Quackity's prison I ran for as long as I could until I met an ocean and I swam across until I reached a small, remote island. I didn't dare confront my emotions, or give into how tired I was, until I knew where and how I was going to be living. I made a dirt house in the side of a mountain, I collected raw meat and edible plants to cook over a fire, and I gathered smooth pieces of stone to carve into weapons later, only then did I curl myself into the farthest corner of my cave and wrapped my arms around my legs and buried my face in them. I felt something warm on my face. Bringing my hand up to touch it, my fingers became wet. Tears. I had seen islanders who were very sad and upset and alone cry occasionally but I never thought I would. Even now I am confused as to why I'm crying but then I felt the breath get knocked out of me, like I had been hit. No, it was my emotions. How was it possible that my emotions could physically hurt me? I began to cry harder and I layed on my makeshift bed of pine needles for a long while before finally crying myself into a restless sleep.

As time went on I became a little used to my temporary home. That's what I had to always tell myself to avoid going completely numb to emotion, this was only temporary. When I did cry it was often soft and silent rather than sobs that hurt my chest and made me feel like I couldn't breathe, and I would always go and pick flowers by their roots then bring them by my cottage to make it more colorful and welcoming. It calmed me. However my feeling of loneliness began to stay with me even after I was done crying. It was permanent, and there was nothing I could try and tell myself to block it out. My friends couldn't have better timing though. I was about to debate going to sleep and never getting up before I saw his face. His beautiful, beautiful face.

(I know this isn't even 500 words. Im sorry, this was just mainly focusing on Freds emotions throughout the time of Purgatory. {Which btw, let me know of you want a book on QSMP Purgatory because I have a few ideas :) )